This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

i dont want a van mount!
« on: April 28, 2010, 11:45:16 pm »
ive stated why i dont want a van mount:

1.tied to the van and trailing hose everywhere(a lot of compact work with junk in gardens/dog/cat muck etc)

2.i can bring trolley inside in winter so no heaters in van

3.i can take everything out of van and use it for other things(eg taking rubbish to the tip)

4.parking issues on quite a few parts of my round at times.

i was looking at the 50lt trolley but a lot of you have said itll be too heavy so i think ill get the 25lt option.

i get confused on how much water some of you use.some say they use 20 lts a house on regular cleans and others use 15lts on 3 houses ::) ??? ???
price higher/work harder!

chopsie

Re: i dont want a van mount!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 11:51:13 pm »
Daz, I use gallons of water!!! I would say i use between 30 and 40 litres for average semi. Bit hard to say as have not got   many average semi's. I can't imagine 50 litres on a trolley being too hard to push/pull. I am using less and less as my technique improve though,
chopsie

groundhog

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 11:56:42 pm »
You just can't help some people!!!!  :o

chopsie

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 11:59:18 pm »
any more vids groundhog
chopsie

groundhog

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 12:03:16 am »
any more vids groundhog

Coming soon Chopsie!!!!  ;D

mci services

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 12:03:50 am »
dazmond you have to read between the lines mate on regular work i think i did ten houses tops only with around 40 litres not big houses though.

other times i can do a house and con up and down with less than 20 litres

or if i put another way a commercial i do around 40 windows with three panes of glass takes 60litres plus the reception ground and first floor

what your planning will work although i agree a 50l will be heavy in getting in the van but not moving around, but if your sensible it will come out the van heavy and go back in light

Ste M

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 12:04:21 am »

1.tied to the van and trailing hose everywhere(a lot of compact work with junk in gardens/dog/cat muck etc)

3.i can take everything out of van and use it for other things(eg taking rubbish to the tip)

i was looking at the 50lt trolley but a lot of you have said itll be too heavy so i think ill get the 25lt option.

i get confused on how much water some of you use.some say they use 20 lts a house on regular cleans and others use 15lts on 3 houses ::) ??? ???

1. about 70% off my work is compact and having a van mount has sped me up by about 40%, i had my hose at the full 100metres the other day and cleaned 20 houses without moving my van, you will learn your round very quickly and know where to run your hose, mine hardly gets snagged at all now.

2. insulate your van and make sure its empty each night, nice and easy

3. its a work van for window cleaning not 'dazmonds removals' ;D joking mate

4. youve only got a small van? also wont any of the customers let you park on there drive for an hour or twi whilst you clean?

when i went wfp i had the wcw backpack, now as good as they are its a ballache filling it all the time, i average between 20 and 30 litres per house, get triggers on your poles and you will save a lot of water an it makes life easier.

Dax i really think you need to go out with someone with a van mount for the day before spending your money mate, i wish id gone full van mount years ago as its made my work so much easier, faster, better, safer and i can offer more services with ease like conny cleans and facia cleans

ste

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 12:04:32 am »
wheres all the happy trolley window cleaners?? ;D ;D ;D

the only way is to find out for myself i suppose.some of you love/loath the trolleys/backpacks/van mounts

i dont wanna buy a full van mount system and end up regretting it!at least with a trolley you can get rid! ::) :-\

mci services

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 12:10:50 am »
wheres all the happy trolley window cleaners?? ;D ;D ;D

the only way is to find out for myself i suppose.some of you love/loath the trolleys/backpacks/van mounts

i dont wanna buy a full van mount system and end up regretting it!at least with a trolley you can get rid! ::) :-\

dazmond i have both and would use my backpack all day ;D on a trolley

i was given a job today from my brother that although he priced well the hose down the steps and round the building it wasnt priced well enough, i did it today in no time because of the no hoses set up

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 12:14:34 am »
hi ste i do conny cleans/fascia cleans with pole on custys outside tap! ;D ;D

you are making me think a bit about whether its worth bothering with the trolley.as you cant be all wrong!food for thought now!!!AGAIN!my heads mashed with all this wfp business!! ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ste M

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 12:19:51 am »
daz ive said it to you before on here, put a shout out for someone to show you how it all works, that way you will of had first hand experiance of it and may be able to make more of a decision on the way to go, people will help you out on here as you offer a lot of help and advice all the time, hell even ill drive over and show you all my wfp equipment

groundhog

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2010, 12:22:15 am »

Yes down the dump.. thats where most of them end up!! Just get a tank and hosereel with microbore, and a pump. It will probably be cheaper than a trolley, and much much better!!! I'm only telling you this to try and stop you making the same mistake that I and many others on here have made when starting out wfp!!  :)

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2010, 12:30:10 am »
cheers ste and groundhog!im defo coming round to the idea!i suppose ill have the best of both worlds with van mount and backpack!

off to bed gotta lot of work to do the next month!all trad!do you remember what that was like lads!!thats all ive ever known!!! ::) ;) ;D ;D

goodnight
guys!

dazmond

Ste M

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2010, 12:55:22 am »
i still do the odd bit of trad now, only limited amount though mainly insides and the odd comercial. its good to keep your skills up

Ross G

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2010, 12:57:25 am »
cheers ste and groundhog!im defo coming round to the idea!i suppose ill have the best of both worlds with van mount and backpack!

off to bed gotta lot of work to do the next month!all trad!do you remember what that was like lads!!thats all ive ever known!!! ::) ;) ;D ;D

goodnight
guys!

dazmond

Dazmond contact me via e mail and I'll give you the lowdown on how i'm coping and what i'm using, i was in the same position as yourself at the start of last Sept 8 months in andi think i've made the right choice

cheers

Ian_Giles

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2010, 05:47:29 am »
There is nothing too wrong with your initial idea, many start out in a similar way and gradually mutate their systems as time passes until you arrive at what you personally find is ideal for your particular circumstances.

Although I have a full van mount system, I also have the WCW backpack...which was long ago converted to a sacktruck trolley mount system.
I did away with the little battery on it, got a small car battery, a cheap, lightweight sacktuck and sat the backpack on top of the battery, all strapped on with bungee straps.

Might only have a 15/18 litre capacity but it is more than enough to do a single, standard semi for most WFP window cleaners (I can actually do 2 per re-fill if I have to, that's 12 windows per semi by the way).
To begin with, as you are learning, you will use a shed load of water but as time goes by you will hone your technique.
As for the continually re-refilling; just drop off a few barrels of water before you start, space them out right and it won't mean tiresome, continual re-trips to the van.
If you do decide on a van mount, a flat tank doesn't mean you can't use your van for any other purpose, just dump out the reel, barrels, backpack, hoses etc plenty of room on top of the flat tank after all.

Keep asking questions and every now and then a reply will appear that you will feel you can make use of, loads of us out there and we're all different!!

Ian.
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Paul Coleman

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2010, 05:58:11 am »

Sure thing, a van mount isn't ideal for some types of work and I do use a backpack for certain jobs.  I wouldn't be without a van mount though.  Without one you could be excluding yourself from certain types of work or, at the very least, making things much more difficult for yourself.  If you want to do houses only, maybe you can get away with it but at the cost of making the job heavier for yourself.  I suppose I could manage some of my larger jobs by dotting containers around the site before starting but it would be slower and more hassle.  Also, it would not be easy to guess how many containers until I had done the job a couple of times.  First cleans would be awful IMO due to the amount of extra water needed.  Trollies/backpacks are probably better for less accessible places or where running a hose would mean that the trip hazard can't be managed safely.
On the (few) jobs where I do need to backpack it, I find that my 15 litre backpack will do a maintenance clean on a standard 3 bed semi with a little bit to spare - so maybe 12 litres.  I have to work a bit faster though while the water is flowing and keep switching it off between moves.  If there is birds dollop that needs to come off, I find that wetting it then brushing while the water is off will help to conserve the water.  Just a quick squirt then more brushing if needed till it comes off.
JUST TO ADD.  I posted my reply before reading Ian's though we seem to have covered similar ground.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2010, 07:14:10 am »
daz woke up this morning and changed his mind again :P :P :P

i bet :P

Martin ccs

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2010, 12:11:55 pm »
i use a trolley only.

first cleans i would use most of a 25 litre barrell per house.

but after the first cleans out the way im doing 2 or 3 houses a barrell - wfp tops only on that ratio tho.

based on your average £10 house without a conservatory.

so 6 - 8 barrells can do a days work - say around £170 of houses.

supernova77

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2010, 01:09:24 pm »

i get confused on how much water some of you use.some say they use 20 lts a house on regular cleans and others use 15lts on 3 houses Roll Eyes Huh Huh

I reckon in 6 months time you will be thinking about changing to a van mount  ;)

Andy