This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tom2009

This bloke got a bargain
« on: April 28, 2010, 07:02:09 pm »
25 meters gutters in and out clean, with fascias and soffits to match, then windows, frames, sills front door. I know what I thought was a fair price, custard accepted, was due to do the job tomorow, rang to advise timing, he says "too late mate, someone came round did it [the whole lot] for £60", "beat you to it" he said. £60 undercut me by quite a lot. slightly annoyed at that to say the least. Git.

dazmond

Re: This bloke got a bargain
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 07:11:27 pm »
tom are you matt bateman?the custard remark as given you away!! :P :P ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

tom2009

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 07:13:58 pm »
no mate I just like the reference. Truly I'm not. Can you believe that though, what a cheeky sod to accept my price and then to say on yer bike >:( missus, as always says "chill out" ::)

R W C™

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 07:14:51 pm »
tom are you matt bateman?the custard remark as given you away!! :P :P ;D ;D

No he isnt  ;) Matt is someone else  ;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 11:18:07 pm »
It wouldn't bug me that he got a lower price.  It would bug me that he didn't have the common courtesy to make contact with me so that I could avoid a wasted journey.

Window Washers

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 07:02:10 am »
Tells me that the customer is only worried about price, so not really I customer I would lose sleep over.
all the new starters seem to get all the price shoppers then dump them or get dumped when undercut again.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

tom2009

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 09:03:03 am »
lot of work though for £60 :o I've done a couple more quotes one of which is gutters in and out fascias extcetera x40 meters I quoted £180 (they're green! but should be white) waiting to hear back. About the right price  ???