Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steve Chapman

newsletter ???
« on: April 28, 2010, 06:05:08 pm »
While i'm on a roll ( with my marketing spree  :) )

What sort of info should i include in my newsletter to my customers ?

To be honest i've never done one before and often thought they were a waste of time, but think its time i gave it a go.  i'm thinking only a page to start with, but needs to be something interesting for them !

Any ideas gratefully welcome, a sample would be even better  ;D

regards
steve

Paul Heath

Re: newsletter ???
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 06:27:45 pm »
Have a look on our web site www.pjcleaning.biz..you will find a link on our "latest newsletter" for ideas

Steve Chapman

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 06:34:19 pm »
Thanks Paul, i will do that,

cheers
steve

Joe H

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 06:36:05 pm »
I get an error message when I click on the link on your website.  Anyone else have the problem??

Paul Heath

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 06:38:54 pm »
try puting PJ Cleaning in google or www.pjcleaning.biz....let me know if problem not resolved Joe  ???

Paul Heath

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 06:40:14 pm »
Just tried it myself and seems to be working  :)

Steve Chapman

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 06:46:11 pm »
working for me  :)

cheers
steve

Colin Day

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 06:46:21 pm »
That's very smart.... I have to say I like your logo, very eye catching..... :)

Paul Heath

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 06:48:18 pm »
Cherers Colin must say it has paid for itself many times over  ;)

Mike Halliday

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 06:55:49 pm »
a newsletter content should be 65% nothing to do with carpet cleaning 20% slightly to do with carpet cleaning and 15% about your company and whats new.

make it look like a newspaper front page, just search google for interesting local information.

get a local company to put an offer on your newsletter, but they pay the postage charge

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Aquakleen Restoration Services

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 07:43:40 pm »
Have a look on our web site www.pjcleaning.biz..you will find a link on our "latest newsletter" for ideas

Two redheads in the same building? How DO you cope Paul? John

Paul Heath

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 08:03:58 pm »
I'm having counciling twice a week ..

Steve Chapman

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2010, 04:13:51 pm »
Mike, what's your thinking on 65% not to do with carpet cleaning, that's seems high to me on a newsletter from a carpet cleaner, and what about additional services, surely it makes sense to include these rather than random local interests ?

Steve

derek west

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2010, 04:22:37 pm »
people arn't interested in carpet cleaning steve, it'll bore the pants off them, give them something interesting with a few boring bits about carpet cleaning in between. they may just read it then ;D

ps.. our newsletter is called "affordable news" which is full of money saving tips, it also encourages people to email there own money saving tips for the next "affordable news"

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2010, 04:37:15 pm »
Derek got a money saving tip for your news letter hire a rug doctor and do your own carpets.

Only joking mate dont look at me like that >:( think that your news letter is a great idea :P
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

derek west

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2010, 04:43:31 pm »
Derek got a money saving tip for your news letter hire a rug doctor and do your own carpets.

Only joking mate dont look at me like that >:( think that your news letter is a great idea :P

you've read it then ;D

Mike Halliday

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2010, 06:03:40 pm »
Steve, Dereks hit it on the head really people are not interested in carpet cleaning, so the hard thing is to get them to read it.

a newsletter is really just a sneaky way to keep your name in the customers head.

perhaps you can do the 65% with a subliminal advert for yourself  ;)

I would include in a newsletter;

a.... did you know?.....

joke of the month

this week 20yrs ago

introduction to a local tradesmen ( who will pay your postage for the privilege of being on your
newsletter)

Born today in 1901..1902...1903 etc

make it interesting

Steve Chapman

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2010, 06:17:17 pm »
Yeah can see your point now, been doing this too long i think and actually think people are interested     

Do you normally stagger sending it out or do en mass, as doing say a spring newsletter you've only got a short period of time ?
Steve

Mike Halliday

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2010, 06:39:31 pm »
I'd do a rolling newsletter on a bi monthly basis, so every week you are sending out   newsletters,

but I have got to say I don't rate newsletters over any other mailing that you can send out, they are time consuming and expensive.

why not buy interesting postcards put them through your printer with a special offer

http://www.judges.co.uk/acatalog/stock-postcards.html

or send Xmas cards, Easter cards, Hanukkah cards  festival of light card summer solstice cards there is always a special occasion to send a card for..... and everybody loves receiving cards :D :D