Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

not up to it today...!!
« on: April 28, 2010, 11:11:37 am »
i didnt sleep well last night, im a week behind but im not feelin too well.so im havin the day off.i still feel a bit guilty not working but i just cant get motivated!i feel burned out!! ::) ::)

do any of you guys feel like this from time to time?ill be working tommorrow,fri,sat weather permitting.just not today.i even had to phone 2 custys to tell em to leave the gate open tommorrow instead of today!! ::) ::)

best wishes to everyone

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

stfc

Re: not up to it today...!!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 11:51:27 am »
feel burned out bless ya ;),,good job you dont do my hours,2.15am yes2day till 8pm,then 2day 1am until 11.30am. ;)

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 11:56:05 am »
I think everybody gts like that from time to time, in any job.

The one drawback with self employment is that you have no boss to answer to - except perhaps the wife - so it's very easy to think, " Sod it, I'll catch up tomorrow", but you wont if you already have a full day tomorrow.

But hey, just so long as it's not a regular thing go for it; relax and put your feet up; Loose Women will be on soon ;D
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

paul rulton

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 12:01:49 pm »
hope ya feel better soon daz  :) i think u ave done the rite thing m8. when u work 4urself 1of the most important things u gotta know is URSELF. if ur havin a bad day learn 2walk away & start a fresh the next day. dont feel like ur cheatin urself cause ur not. personally thats wot i do & my work life works alot better these days. when im feelin down, unwell or just peed off i just step back. cause the last thing i wanna do is put on a fake smile when im talkin 2my custys & laughin when something aint funny.
just makes my day worse than ever. maybe its just me.... who knows? but im sure others will prob try n tell me im wrong  ::) hope it helps a bit tho m8  ;) ;D

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 12:29:48 pm »
thanks guys im just feeling under the weather today and a bit knackered!im putting my feet up and recharging the batteries! ;) ;Dready for the next months onslaught!

i have plenty of work on!get them pennies together for a decent pole/trolley/backpack etc.

the next few months ill be shelling out on all the best gear i can afford!hopefully itll make my working life a bit easier,safer and more profitable!! ;) ;D ;D

ive been trad for 16 years! ::)think its taking its toll on me today!nevermind!there is always tommorrow!

best wishes

dazmond

paul rulton

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 12:31:25 pm »
ave u looked in the buy n sell section daz ???  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 12:51:01 pm »
yes i have P.R WINDOW CLEANING!im not looking to buy second hand!im goin for a 25ft SLX and wcw backpack and then adding a 50lt PURE FREEDOM TROLLEY at a later date.

i want the best equipment from the start!25 ft slx will cover all my present work and be nice and rigid and light.the backpack and trolley will be ideal for most of my work!! ;D ;D

i have researched wfp for nearly a year now and ive changed my mind like the weather at times(inclu this morning!)but ive finally made up my mind on what gear i want.it will be a very wise investment i think as ive got to get off the ladders for most of my work!my knees not gonna take much more climbing!! ::) ;D ;D

stfc

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 01:08:54 pm »
will you have enough water because you might have to keep filling your backpack all the time after 2 houses

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 02:21:44 pm »
stfc im gettin a 50lt trolley.im hoping that will last me an hour before needing to refill.it should if i trad the odd downstairs windows! ;) ;D

the backpack will be for the odd awkward job and for starting off(just tops only on a few awkward jobs)

paul rulton

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 02:24:02 pm »
ok m8  ;) i just saw it & thought u may of been interested  ;D

Sean Dyer

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 05:01:59 pm »
feel burned out bless ya ;),,good job you dont do my hours,2.15am yes2day till 8pm,then 2day 1am until 11.30am. ;)

What you doing at 1 AM robbing cars lol

I wish i had work that i could do at that time, im working on it this year , i wanna start at 4-5am  and be done early afternoon, or work late and have time off at end of week

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 05:32:27 pm »
Hi daz I have just bought the perfect sack truck from Home base.£ 32. they also have them at Machine mart they fuld away and a light weifgt. they fit on the car seat will W C W backpack.Saves lugging heavy 25 litre water barrels around http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/csta100-fully-folding-sack-truckd.

Tom White

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2010, 06:45:00 pm »
thanks guys im just feeling under the weather today

I was like that yesterday - so I took the day off - and 'this too shall pass' as they say, and today I've worked from 9.00 am till 6.00 pm and had a really good day. 

Good luck with the WFP.

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2010, 06:46:58 pm »
thanks richard but the whole point of gettin a 50lt trolley is so im not goin back to the van as often!as ive over two weeks  of very compact work.i also want something more robust that will last for a few years!! ;D ;D

thanks anyway rich!

regards

dazmond

G. camm

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2010, 06:49:04 pm »
hope yr feeling better daz m8 to much thinking bout that wfp lol
get out tomorow n go like the wind lol

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2010, 06:50:37 pm »
thanks tosh im doin my service work at a local town centre meetin tonight.that should sort my head out!its been firmly up my backside all day!! ::) ::)

i need a bit of therapy even three and a half years down the line!! ;) :) :)

Tom White

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2010, 06:52:08 pm »
When I first started I used a 50 litre trolley; it was just too ruddy big, bulky and heavy to use.  I like the backpack on a fishing sack truck better.

groundhog

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2010, 06:56:41 pm »
When I first started I used a 50 litre trolley; it was just too ruddy big, bulky and heavy to use.  

I also made this mistake!! What a nightmare that was lugging all that water around all day!! Do your self a favour and get a van mount, you won't regret it!!!!!!!  ;)

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2010, 07:09:13 pm »
if your using the backpack on a sacktruck u have to keep topping it up after every house dont you?ok i imagine the 50lt trolley will be heavy but it gets lighter as you clean and the pure freedom one looks very robust and well made.i can use it as a van mount with a longer hose on bigger stand alone jobs.

if im using it on 2 big estates of which i clean nearly every single house then i think itll be ok.

i can leave the trolley in between 2 houses and do front and back of both before moving on to the next.

Tom White

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2010, 07:21:42 pm »
Initially, you'll use a lot of water, but once you get confident, with a back pack you'll be able to do at least the tops of three houses with one fill, and it's a piece of cake to tow about if you use a fishing trolley sack truck.

I can clean my whole house (11 good sized windows and two doors) with about ten litres of water.

If I worked by myself, I'd definitely go van mounted and sack truck/back pack.  But since I work with Wor Lass who won't go WFP it works for us to work together with me on tops with backpack and Wor Lass tradding behind.

But we've been doing this for about four-or-five years now and we're like well oiled machines.  I tend to use her for the bulk of my compact work, drop her off home at around 2pm and then head out with more water and clean drive-betweens 100% WFP.

You'll be surprised at how many windows you can do with one fill, and re-filling doesn't take long at all.  You'll work out where to leave barrels of water for bigger jobs; there's definitely a knack to using a backpack effectively, but I prefer it to a 50 litre system.  And with a fishing sack truck it really is easy to cart about.

I bet there's 50 litre systems rotting in people's sheds/garages/back gardens all over the place.  I took mine to the tip; it was just to big and heavy.  But saying that, a window cleaner local to me has been using one for about five years now; but if I were you - if possible - I'd try before you buy.

You won't go wrong with having a back pack though; even if you go van mounted you'll still find regular use for it I bet.