Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Fibre Fresh Devon

Colour Change
« on: April 26, 2010, 04:46:36 pm »
Thought I was cleaning a greeny/brown carpet but original colour was red.
Never seen one this bad, anyone else?

Jim_77

Re: Colour Change
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 05:07:15 pm »
Are you sure that's the original colour?

I've cleaned some carpets where they have been made up of strands of several different colours.  Over time, the strands of a certain colour have degraded and broken away so the remaining colour stands out.

Very difficult to tell from your pic exactly what's going on, but an interesting one all the same... can't say I've ever encountered such a colour change simply from the carpet just being "cleaner" at the end of the job!

Aquakleen Restoration Services

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 05:14:50 pm »
Looks much more like sun damage to me. You can see on the red area where the feet of something has been sitting.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 05:26:18 pm »
Hi Guys

That is exceptional and obviously something strange has happened.

I would suspect UV has bleached the main area and outgassing has caused a colour change under the bed. I would be very surprised if it was originally a red carpet.

Cheers

Doug

John Kelly

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 08:14:16 pm »
Looks like UV damage. A lot of cheaper wool carpets are manufactured using brown wools as opposed to white. They are cheaper but unfortunately don't take a dye as well as a white wool does. Once the dye breaks down due to UV light the original colour of the wool shows through. Seen this a few time but not as distinct as that. Must be a south facing room with big windows.

Jim_77

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 10:03:00 pm »
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh I see now, the sun was on my monitor earlier and I couldn't see the pic in detail :-\

The red bit is where it has been covered, I thought it was the only bit that had been extracted and the rest was going to go that colour!

From the title "colour change" I thought the change was during cleaning

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 10:22:37 pm »
I've seen this sort of thing once in my experience.
Went into a living room to be greeted by a green and brown carpet.
I asked the customer what colour it 'should' be? (I thought I already knew the answer ie it was brown but bleached out in places to green.)
Actually not the case so it turned out. The origional colour had been green but the sunlight had changed areas to brown.

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 11:27:53 pm »
never seen this good post  8)
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

Fibre Fresh Devon

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 09:22:49 am »
Looks like UV damage. A lot of cheaper wool carpets are manufactured using brown wools as opposed to white. They are cheaper but unfortunately don't take a dye as well as a white wool does. Once the dye breaks down due to UV light the original colour of the wool shows through. Seen this a few time but not as distinct as that. Must be a south facing room with big windows.

John, I suspect you are correct, UV damage. Almost entire house was like this including stairs, under furniture it was still red. Still cleaned OK & got paid.