Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

richywilts

changed me mind ionic glyder is awful!!!
« on: April 26, 2010, 11:44:02 am »
at first pole seemed great now with a bit of use the whole thing is not up to the job for the money i spent you would expect a bit more durability, every job ya constantly tightening the clamps, now iv snapped the angle adaptor and you cant just screw another on be yet another thing that ionic charge over the odds for so gone and bought a new facelift fusion as iv heard there poles are quite good, any feedback on this pole would be appreciated.the glyder pole is not that old at all.
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

paul rulton

Re: changed me mind ionic glyder is awful!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 11:56:20 am »
alrite richy  :) dont know anything about ionic m8  ::) but ive got the same prob now with my slx  ::)
most of the clamps aint got much more thread left 2tighten them up  :(
i Wont be getting another 1 of them  :( 4 that money i could of got myself a few poles  :-\

cleewindows

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 12:01:32 pm »
be carefull,this thread will disapear!

richywilts

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 12:12:32 pm »
im just really dissapointed because at first it seemed like a great pole and i did plug it a bit on here but its pretty much useless now i know it prob needs another good clean but even then when i cleaned it last time it was slipping after a few days, to put them sort of price tags on the pole is ridicules when they dont even last 1 season!!!
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

paul rulton

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 12:15:52 pm »
i done the same m8  ::) plugged the slx on here  ::) next time i get a pole gonna keep me mouth shut
till ive used it 4a few months  :-X

Darranvps

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 03:47:57 pm »
What do you all do with em :P

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 04:21:15 pm »
Richy,  thats a shame, i was seriously thinking of getting one of these in the next couple of weeks,

so, now its a toss up between Gardiners and Brodex......

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Darranvps

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 04:27:53 pm »
Richy,  thats a shame, i was seriously thinking of getting one of these in the next couple of weeks,

so, now its a toss up between Gardiners and Brodex......

Darran

I am not pushing any manufacturer, but I have never had problems with ANY pole I have bought from any company. We have used everything more or less out there, except Gardiners?, from 4ft right the way through to 60ft, Glass fibre and carbon fibre.
In the old days I tried Tucker, which I thought was a little bit awkward and slow to use.

John Walker

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 04:29:39 pm »
Sounds like gross mis-use of a good tool.  

My slx and I believe those used by others are giving excellent service.

Although Gardiners sent me a set of the uprated replacement clamps, I am still using the originals.  Have had my slx25 since last August and it's my main pole and in use most days of the week.  Still looking good too.

All my other equipment, some bought some six years ago is still very serviceable.
BaxWalker Window Cleaning

G. camm

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 04:52:37 pm »
i done the same m8  ::) plugged the slx on here  ::) next time i get a pole gonna keep me mouth shut
ow you doing hitster ;D

paul rulton

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 04:54:38 pm »
ow you doing hitster ;D
haha lo m8  ;)  8)

G. camm

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 04:56:17 pm »
ow bad 2nd post lol ;D

G. camm

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 04:57:40 pm »
im just really dissapointed because at first it seemed like a great pole and i did plug it a bit on here but its pretty much useless now i know it prob needs another good clean but even then when i cleaned it last time it was slipping after a few days, to put them sort of price tags on the pole is ridicules when they dont even last 1 season!!!
letting you down richy me old m8

paul rulton

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2010, 04:58:17 pm »
ow bad 2nd post lol ;D
;D haha well ya gotta start some where buddy  ;D lol sorry i ment newbie  ;D ;D ;D ;D

G. camm

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2010, 05:00:42 pm »
wounded lol gr8 day though  ;D ;D ;D

davids3511

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2010, 05:07:53 pm »
alrite richy  :) dont know anything about ionic m8  ::) but ive got the same prob now with my slx  ::)
i Wont be getting another 1 of them  :( 4 that money i could of got myself a few poles  :-\
All you need to do is buy a new set of clamps, lop off the old clamps plus about 1.5 inches of the pole below the old clamps, glue on your new clamps and it will be good as (almost) new.

paul rulton

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2010, 06:53:18 pm »
All you need to do is buy a new set of clamps, lop off the old clamps plus about 1.5 inches of the pole below the old clamps, glue on your new clamps and it will be good as (almost) new.
oh rite  ;D  thanks david  ;) i never knew that  ::) :P thanks again  ;)

Archer

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2010, 08:07:59 pm »

richy,

what size is the pole ?

and if its that bad , do you fancy selling it ?

richywilts

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2010, 08:14:54 pm »
ive ordered the new bit for it a new german thread n angle adaptor, and im gna giv it a good thorough clean see what i can do with it its the 25ft pole i think.

had yellow pages on phone today chris a guy from bolton who said hes got u 30grands worth of custom from your advert sounded like johny vegas!!
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

Steve_c

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2010, 08:15:32 pm »
Mate  you have set it up wrong,don't over tighten the clamps adjust them accordingly to length (FULL)then collapse the pole and adjust. Job done, i have had no problem with mine in 8 months.