Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Darranvps

Safer, Greener window cleaning
« on: April 23, 2010, 07:50:18 am »
This post is aimed at the WFP guys.

Whether you have a home made system or one bought from a manufacturer, do you think the system is more environmentally friendly to use than ladders, or other methods, and why?

cozy

Re: Safer, Greener window cleaning
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 07:54:00 am »
starts to dig a fox hole and grabs his flack jacket

woody1

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 08:05:02 am »
No chance waste to much water  :o :o ;D

Darranvps

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 08:05:53 am »
starts to dig a fox hole and grabs his flack jacket
There are too many clowns on here ;D ;D ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 08:20:27 am »
Wfp is more eco friendly (especially if harvested from roofs) in that there is no detergent used. (Which in trad methods needs to be washed out of any scrims, applicators and towels and treated at the waterworks after it has contaminated gallons of water from your washing machine.)

Buckets of dirty soapy water emptied several times a day will likewise contaminate the water system too.

Wfp water harms nothing as it soaks away and goes back to the "water cycle" which has been going on for eons.

If you set up a watering system from your RO waste then you can water your garden gently at the same time! All those dissolved solids feeding the tomato patch - luverly!

;)
It's a game of three halves!

Tom White

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 08:32:25 am »
This 'environmentally friendly' angle is a load of rubbish, unless you're using it as a selling point.  From the point of view of the Earth, the Earth will be fine regardless of what we do to it; hell; the whole meaning of life could be that the Earth created all us human beings to make plastic because it wants to ingest plastic bags, and once it's had its fill, will wipe us out.

It's us that's in trouble, not the environment, so whether it's ladders or WFP, both are the same with regards the environment; I really don't think the Earth is bothered whether we use ladders or pure water cleaning systems.

But as an environmentally friendly selling point, rain water harvesting is the most 'environmentally friendly' way of creating your pure water.

Now I hope this isn't a clever way or gerrymandering a post in an underhand manner of advertising a certain companies product.  We've seen this done many times before, and it always leads to tears.  ;D

Dave Willis

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 08:44:22 am »
Darran gets greener with every post. I reckon his head might follow the sun too.  ;D

Tom White

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 08:49:59 am »
Darran gets greener with every post. I reckon his head might follow the sun too.  ;D

Clever!  ;D

In the past I've been annoyed when I've been drawn into a post, spent time trying to give answers/opinions, only to find out that the original poster was just trying to advertise something.

You end up feeling a mug!  But maybe we ought to give Darran some leeway.  His posts are well written, and he obviously knows his stuff.

Darranvps

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 09:51:40 am »
Some good points.
I like the idea of rainwater harvesting I will take a look into it.
As I have been in Bulgaria these past six years I have missed out on some of the newer ideas. Over there "green" and "safe" issues are still thirty years behind, nobody cares.

Darranvps

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 11:44:24 am »
Hi Dave, I will see you on Monday, have a good weekend. 8)