Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

james roffey

Could this damage my machine
« on: April 28, 2010, 08:23:06 am »
I have a Ninja and like most other Ninja owners, after i finish i connect a short hose to solution pump and rinse out the waste tank, but it still stinks after a day or so as does the vac hose.
So the last job i did i put a small amount of disinfectant into what was left in the solution tank and rinsed it out i also vacced up some into my hose leaving it all smelling fresh etc, but could this damage my machine i have only done it once but found it a very effective way of leaving machine and hose clean after using it. 

richie

Re: Could this damage my machine
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 09:14:17 am »
Hi James,
No this wont cause a problem with the machine.  Certainly a good idea though because as you say the waste tank does stink when left overnight.  Nothing worse than having the aweful smell of the waste tank exhausting into a premises for the first few minutes of start up.

Richie.

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 09:48:16 am »
leave the waste gate open & the lid off overnight or when storing this will help milton  the stuff they use to clean babys bottles works well nothing worse than sour milk and it does the job on that.
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

JandS

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 09:54:27 am »
James

I have the Ninja and I rinse out the waste tank as you described after every job.
No problem with smell.
Suck out the dregs at the bottom of the solution tank too after every job so vac
hose never smells.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Jim_77

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 09:57:14 am »
I always used to jet wash the inside of my portables out every week or so, and give them a spray with sanitiser.  If you have a trigger spray of sanitiser on the van, at the end of each day you can simply keep the machine running after emptying, spray about 10 squirts of sanitiser into the vac hose and let it run for a few minutes whilst packing up.  I always found this stopped it stinking.

Incidentally, when I started using M-Power rather than detergents for most of my cleaning I found the smelly problem almost disappeared by itself ;)

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 10:15:24 am »
james

What do you mean by disinfectant?

If you mean products such as Jeyes Fluid, Dettol etc. etc. then I don't know if these will have any effect on your pump seals, hoses etc.

If you mean, however, our regular in-tank and spray on de-odourisers, then these will almost certainly be compatible with your equipment.

If in doubt, contact Ashby's :-X

Safe and happy cleaning :)
The Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

james roffey

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 02:51:09 pm »
I put a little dettol in water and sucked it up the vac. and the same with the solution tank found it a very good way of cleaning both, i have tried spraying into the waste tank but you dont reach every corner doing that, and the sludge that collects at the bottom of the waste tank is disgusting and just rinsing although clears it out after a few hours it stinks :-X

Joe H

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 03:08:58 pm »
Incidentally, when I started using M-Power rather than detergents for most of my cleaning I found the smelly problem almost disappeared by itself ;)

You are so right, Jim.

When I bought my Scorpion 2nd hand the waste tank was disgusting, dont know what Spencer had been cleaning but it wasnt healthy.
After a few weeks the waste tank had cleaned itself by using M-Power as a pre spray and smells good too ..... OK , acceptable :)

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 03:25:39 pm »
I always rinse the pump with cold water and rinse the recovery tank in the same operation and make sure all the grit and muck is cleared and then leave the tank lid off and the gate open. Looks as clean as the day I got it, and yes I have been using it ;D I got a bit lazy with my Alltec and cleaned that out at the weekend. Phew!!!!

Doug Holloway

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 03:45:07 pm »
Hi Guys

Jim, I would be careful when vaccing the water, it's easy to get foam and misture generally into the motors.

When I stopped doing this my vac motors lasted a lot longer.

Cheers

Doug

p.s
Did the woman from Billericay ring you?

james roffey

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 11:38:00 pm »
No Doug not had anyone from Billericay phone me, its pretty much dead at the moment couple of small jobs last week and this, gone back to the detective side of things just to pay the bills, just thankful that i am not totally reliant on the carpet cleaning at the moment, so working evenings again :'( but anything you can pass on would be very much appreciated :)