Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

formb

Re: Getting paid by bank transfer
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2010, 02:45:29 pm »
i have been thinking about using bacs aswell but i am a bit worried about putting my bank detail on my web site or even giving it to customers due to fraud and id copying ect

Having looked into this, I would keep it to a "need to basis", such as customers only, & not anyone that visits you`re website!

I read this and thought, what a load of old twaddle, but, and I quote

"Having looked into this, I would keep it to a "need to basis", such as customers only, & not anyone that visits you`re website!"

Ooops, I missed out the word "know" in the phrase "need to know basis". ::)

But basically, I have read that it is ok to give your bank account name, account number, & sort code to customers that you are in physical contact with, but it would be risky having a web page advertising these details for the world to see.

I hope this clears the twaddle up. :)

No, no, you miss understood.

I did think it was twaddle, but having looked into it you are quite right.

Don't just dish out you Account and sort code willie and indeed nilly.

Ian Mason

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2010, 03:25:59 pm »
i have been thinking about using bacs aswell but i am a bit worried about putting my bank detail on my web site or even giving it to customers due to fraud and id copying ect

Having looked into this, I would keep it to a "need to basis", such as customers only, & not anyone that visits you`re website!

"Having looked into this, I would keep it to a "need to basis", such as customers only, & not anyone that visits you`re website!"

But basically, I have read that it is ok to give your bank account name, account number, & sort code to customers that you are in physical contact with, but it would be risky having a web page advertising these details for the world to see.

Hi Form B,

Sorry about that :)

I am getting terrible on here at mis-reading things, & mis-writing, lol. ;D

formb

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2010, 03:55:47 pm »

Hi Form B,

Sorry about that :)

I am getting terrible on here at mis-reading things, & mis-writing, lol. ;D

I was under the belief that there was not much you could do with the information needed for a BACS payment except pay money into the account.

Telephoned Alliance & Leicester, after reading your post as I was about to put my bank details on my website and wanted to make sure.

Apparently there is not much that any one can do with your details but, if they know for example your date of birth, your mothers maiden name or your home address and they have your account details they MAY be able to gain access to your account.

Scary.

Ian Mason

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2010, 04:08:32 pm »
I forget who it was the other day that said they were not bothered about their personal details being on this forum, but then another member did a bit of research & posted where he lived & who he married. :o

The original poster soon asked for posts about this to be deleted.

The thing is, it is sooo easy finding the information that you mention by using sites like ancestry.co.uk & 192.com.

I guess the best way is to actually set a proper secure payment system.

formb

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2010, 04:20:28 pm »
I forget who it was the other day that said they were not bothered about their personal details being on this forum, but then another member did a bit of research & posted where he lived & who he married. :o

The thing is, it is sooo easy finding the information that you mention by using sites like ancestry.co.uk & 192.com.

My wife's personal bank went £1000 light just after Christmas.

Apparently someone went on a spending spree in Littlewoods with a cloned card.

We got the money back pretty quick from her bank.

They then told us she had to pay extra to prevent this happening again.

I told them if they were incapable of looking after our money we would take our custom elsewhere.

ivesonswc

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2010, 04:40:40 pm »
hi

the problem i have with bacs is this even if you just give the details to you customers your customers could be doggy you don't know and with the internet the way it is you can find out personal info like D.O.B, maiden name ect no problem.   and at the end of the day will the bank pay out for missing money considering that you was giving your bank detail out to customer i dont think they will

windowswashed

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2010, 08:31:40 pm »
For security reasons never give your real date of birth on the internet on any website. Too easy to use for cloning cards and accounts. I never have and never will, not even over the telephone to absolutely anyone.

dazmond

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2010, 08:44:38 pm »
im sticking to cash and cheques for now.quite a lot of my custys pay when i clean,some S.A.E(esp if its conny roof/fascia/soffit clean)then i go collecting once a week for 2 hours.

i suppose i will have to start the internet banking thing one day but i dont trust it at the moment and a lot of my custys would rather pay cash then set up paypal/standing orders etc.

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Re: Getting paid by bank transfer New
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2010, 09:24:20 pm »
 ;)

lee_dewing

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2010, 09:43:48 pm »
i have thought about giving custies my bank details, but uncomfortable with this.

the only way with this is to get website and include paypal, paypal acts as go-between each party doesn't see the others privates :D (details)

only thing is paypal take commision off every payment, but in time you could include this cost into the price of the clean i.e put em up 50p a £1.

i remember a post by hemski about mr site £20 for software to make your own website and i think he said it was easy enough to include paypal.

I think this is one of the real benefits of a website, i hate waiting for cheques to arrive and then clear ::)

I know people will still forget, but as said a text or email to encourage em.
Plus it's alot more convieneant.

otherwise; they've got to write the cheque, put it in your sae, then put into post box :o
what a nightmare :D
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

dazmond

« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2010, 11:02:03 pm »
i dont mind cheques as i only use them on out of the way accounts and fascia/soffit/conny roof cleans.im always owed a few hundred quid at any one time.ill get it in the end.over £500 at the mo due to the easter hols though 2 hours collecting monday night should bring it down a bit!! ::) ;) ;D ;D

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

mci services

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2010, 11:10:59 pm »

that was me and it did make me think, i was more worried about my mrs finding her name on a w/c forum than about my security

but anyway i take paypal payments and  for a few customers bacs/internet banking. and its on all my commercial invoices