Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Window Washers

people that employ, did you know
« on: April 06, 2010, 08:01:28 am »
After scratching one of my No smoking stickers in my van I went to get some more when on holiday on the IOW.

Did you all know that it is Mandatory legal requirment for a company vehicle to have non smoking signs for any vehicle used by more than one person.

I didnt know this till Saturday till I read it on the small print on the stickers, though I would let everyone else know, never know it could help someone.

Surprising what you learn when on holiday  ;D
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Central Window Cleaners

Re: people that employ, did you know
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 09:45:31 am »
Yes, as long as you have displayed a no smoking sign in your vehicle you are covered,  if an employee then smokes in the vehicle the fine is down to them and not you.

mci services

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 11:52:44 am »
yes i knew i have recieved two warnings next time its a fixed penalty fine

richywilts

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 12:55:05 pm »
shame they dont do stickers for smackheads!!! when i used to fit fascias few years bk two lads that worked as a team for same company as us were caught with needles in there necks gouched out in van cab on the customers drive they got kicked off the job but went bk to finish when the customer was at work!!!
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Johnny B

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 11:56:36 pm »
As I am a non-smoker, and wouldn't allow anyone to smoke in my van anyway, so do I still need to display a no smoking sign?

My van is not sign written, and I am a sole trader, when my young part time (non-smoker) assistant is helping me.

John.
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mci services

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 12:23:36 am »
yes

Johnny B

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 12:35:52 am »
Thanks, Stu-mac. Will be getting one tomorrow.  ;)

John.
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 05:43:38 am »
Well I'll be darned!!!  :o :o

A life long non-smoker myself, and of course a sole trader (mostly) and the owner of a an too (of course) I never for one minute thought that it applied to me!!
I just assumed it only applied to company vehicles and not those belonging to sole traders.
A further question then:

What about those that just use their car for work, should they also have a non-smoking sign displayed in their vehicle?

Funny isn't it? Never even considered the question before.... :-\

Ian.
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

G Griffin

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 06:44:00 am »
 I`d be tempted to make my own.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Central Window Cleaners

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 01:00:57 pm »
You will find loads on ebay quite cheap.

If you pay someone to work with you even if part time and they share you car I would put one in there. I stick mine to the back of the tax disc holder.

mci services

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 01:16:16 pm »
my council sent them for free when they issued me with a warning for smoking in the van ;D

paul rulton

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2010, 02:37:38 pm »
so let me get this rite..... im ok as i work alone, but still use a van.  am i rite?  ???

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2010, 04:22:15 pm »
If anyone else, whether driver or not or employee or not will be using or being carried in the van then you need to display a 'no smoking' sign.

I suppose the safest thing is to get one, or take out any seats other than the drivers if you never have anyone else in the van ;D

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2010, 04:48:00 pm »
shame they dont do stickers for smackheads!!! when i used to fit fascias few years bk two lads that worked as a team for same company as us were caught with needles in there necks gouched out in van cab on the customers drive they got kicked off the job but went bk to finish when the customer was at work!!!
no way m8 ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

newbroom

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2010, 05:07:49 pm »
 I recently spoke to HSE about this subject because i had an employee who told me he was a non smoker when in fact he smoked like a flipping chimmney. I wrongly assumed i had no worries with being compliant with regulations turns out that if he had been caught smoking in my vehicle i would have bben liable for a fine upto £2500. All becuase i had no written documentation staing he had been made aware of where to smoke.

idealrob

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2010, 05:24:58 pm »
We have a written smoking policy, which everyone signs,used it for 20 years, been updated twice,  even the JW non smokers sign it

idealrob

Window Washers

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2010, 06:20:51 pm »
We have a written smoking policy, which everyone signs,used it for 20 years, been updated twice,  even the JW non smokers sign it

idealrob
Rob, any chance you could please email me to copy to design@windowwashers.co.uk

Ian
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2010, 06:27:44 pm »
If i was a mod i would impose a fine for misuse of the term sole trader, does no one know what this means?

This is far worse than not knowing about no smoking signs.