Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

M.Acorn

Pressure release valve on a sureflo pump ?
« on: March 30, 2010, 02:50:29 pm »
Been having the usual probs with my pump,yet again ,spoke to Woodbridge today and was advised to check jets,all clear,and adjust the pressure release thingy on the top of the pump.
Would i be right in assuming they meant the small metal plate on top of the pump ? Held down with 3 screws,as took that off,and removed the little white plunger thing,put it back together,not tightened it up as much as it was before,and it`s now working fine,got 2 more jobs before easter break.and i don`t want it to stop working and be stuck without one.
Will grab the other flojet i have and adjust that too,as it may have also been the same thing,i bought this current pump on Nov 27th,and it`s had 1 months worth of full use,then dead over crimbo until a couple of weeks ago
What goes around comes around

Ricky M

Re: Pressure release valve on a flojet pump ?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 03:12:50 pm »
Sack it and treat your self to a TM  ;D
go on you know what to
www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

M.Acorn

Re: Pressure release valve on a sureflo pump ?
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 08:29:03 am »
My bad  ;D Does not have pressure release on a sureflo,as it re circulates,even though the pump is only just 3 months old,and it` hardly had any use,i have been told the brushes get the most wear in the first month of use,and it prob just needs the carbon cleaning out,if i take the end bit off and give it a spray with some wd40,will that help clean it ?

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 08:49:49 am »
A few years back i bought a sureflow pump froma certain place it failed in a short period of time.

I now buy them elsewhere  and they last longer

Might be just bad luck.

Problem is in this bussiness there seams to be a short guarantee period like 3 months on parts.

M.Acorn

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 08:54:42 am »
Yeah which i find unacceptable really,the pump i replaced was about 2 weeks over that 3 month,the one i replaced it with was not right so i sent that back,and got this one,this one was bought on Nov 27th,so it is also just over the 3 month deadline.
Don`t know why,as they have not had that much use,i always flush out,i only use fib and fab through it,it`s been brought in the house all winter,and treated with kid gloves.
Woodbridge do a Flo jo pump 160psi,and at £105,it`s a lot better than P-chems price

markpowell

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 08:58:02 am »
Take the end bell off Mark, get some white spirit on a rag, wipe the pump out best you can and replace the end bell.
Is the pump the 120 psi bypass or 100psi on demand?
MArk

M.Acorn

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 09:15:59 am »
It`s the bypass pump,got the one i took out here,going to clean that one off and take it with me as a spare,will strip and clean the other one over easter break...

M.Acorn

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 10:18:17 pm »
Right,what a day it`s been today,didn`t get home till gone 9pm, 2x 3 story houses,2 more sets of stairs + hall landing and big lounge,and another lounge / diner.
Machine didn`t play up until after i stopped for a t and a fAg,and started talking about it too the bloke i was cleaning for,he popped his head in the door and asked if i could do his after i had finished the one i was doing  ;D
Started talking about what a nightmare the machine has been,went to turn it on after and guess what,nothing,tried banging the machine,nothing,it was dead.
So went and got my tools and the other pump from the van,took the end cap off to look at the brushes,and the are nearly gone !! Hardly anything left, i gave it a clean up,and put it back together,and it was ok,really don`t understand why ? It`s only had a months worth of  use, i am going to call prochem in the morning,why has it only lasted weeks after the 3 month warranty expires,it`s hardly had any use,well Dec and the last 3 weeks.

M.Acorn

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 05:28:31 pm »
Ordered a new end part today,machine was ok today,starting to make an electrical smell now though,but i assume that is because the brushes are worn right down.
I hate the feeling of not knowing if i am going to get through the job without having to swap over motors,full on week too this week.

Joe H

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 06:17:36 pm »
Mark
Save your pennies up and buy a new 3 vac machine.  Those bigger pumps are induction motors - no brushes to wear, and apart from that you got 3 vacs - better finish.

You near Alltec? one way

Not far from Cleansmart the other way.

Both do decent 3 vac machines I believe and they on your doorstep.

Darren O

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2010, 06:54:54 pm »
The bigger the pump the more problems you get thats what ive found got 10 months out my Raptor before it starting playing up had my Powerflight just over a year and its starting to loose preasure already not much though vac motors have been a disaster.Value for money my Powermax has been going 5 years and still works fine dont think i would buy another top end porty better saving up and getting a Prowler or Truckmount.

Darren O

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 06:58:00 pm »
Another thing Heat Exchangers another waste of money Prochem ones anyway.

Joe H

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2010, 07:01:57 pm »
If I remember correctly Darren, didnt you scoff at the Scorpion, yet I dont read of too many problems with them.
OK, mine now plays 2nd fiddle to the Prowler but I now had it 2.5 years, still gets used each month, and it was about 3 years old when I got it (Spencer Davies machine).

Darren O

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2010, 07:10:28 pm »
Joe i said they look a pile of sh-t and still think they do but i also emailed Nick at Solutions about a year ago and asked if he could fit a heating element in it for me and he said he could but i ended up buying a Powerflight.

clinton

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2010, 07:39:28 pm »
Mark think its time to invest in your business mate as its going to cause your clients problems and you if you do  set up to do the job and your machine packs in..

M.Acorn

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2010, 08:20:37 pm »
Wish i could afford it Clinton,spoke to Mr tax man today,he wants £400 a month from me,and i will still have to put 20% away for the next lot of tax,as he gave me a rolloking for doing this the previous year...
Want one of those Prowler jobs eventually,the only prob i will have if it stops on a job,is having to swap the motor out,hoping i will get another 3 months at least out of the new brushes,then i will be getting the 160 psi flo jo pump from Woodbridge,much cheaper than Procem,i will not be buying parts from them again,not when the last 2 weeks after the warranty expires,that has happened with 2 from them now,or 3 if you count the one i sent back within the time,which didn`t work right from the start