Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

♠Winp®oClean♠

Re: 900 windows
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2010, 10:33:47 pm »
Without a picture I don't see how anyone can give anything like an accurate comment ???

It's like someone phoning you up & asking to quote for 900 windows ;D

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2010, 10:56:15 pm »
I could clean it all in a day from the ground, sub it to me , problem sorted.

Dave

Richy L

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2010, 11:06:56 pm »
I could clean it all in a day from the ground, sub it to me , problem sorted.

Dave

Heh, no chance.
Like i said, there are areas where the glass is at an angle where you ouldnt be able to use a pole from the ground.
I'm talking glass roofs 5 stories high

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2010, 11:14:23 pm »
Richy

I am very resourceful, If you need any advice give me a call.

Dave

formb

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2010, 09:11:15 am »
On the assumption that not all windows would be done from the cherry picker, I'd go with 2 guys 1 day.

Allow double for the first clean.

I never send my guys out solo, it's part of my risk assessments.

We always need at least 2 guys 1 of them being a first aider. If it means that 1 of them is stood about kicking his heels all day then that's the way it is.

You can put that in as part of your quote that's what I do, particularly if they have asked for risk assessments, if not I would submit some any way as it looks good and you'll get away with charging more.

i think its going to take a lot longer than one day, average time per window including moving about, set up, lunch, etc, is about 3 mins per window x 900 windows = 45hours! so about 5 1/2, 8 hr days and thats a very optimistic estimate, theres always something that will slow you down,

i remember giving a quote for some high rises cant remember the exact number of windows, but it would have taken about 10 of us at least a week to do, quoted him £20,000 every 3 months, he said he's had a quote for £3k! that wouldnt have covered my insurance!  i dont know how some people make a profit!

Sorry that was a typo.

2 men 2 days.

williamx

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2010, 04:59:25 pm »
A pole would be no good due to the angle of some of the glass.
... and I have to supply the cherry picker.

I dont have any pics.

How many days would you guys think it would take one man?
 I dont see the point in putting two men on the job as the basket of the cherry picker will only get to one window at a time.

You are now breaking H & S laws big time, what do you think the hse will do to you if this lone worker has an accident-heart attack or even faints, while at the top of a 60' cherry picker.

you need to plan in your risk assement, what you will do if this or something else like this happens.

ignore this advise at your peril, you could end up in prison as well as being heavly fined.

ronaldo

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2010, 06:56:11 pm »
Ive got 2 nifty lifts if you want to hire one with 1 or 2 men on a daily rate send me a pm, max we can go is 56ft .
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !