Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

williamx

Re: A WARNING TO ALL
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2010, 04:12:33 pm »
the customer in question was kermit the frog

Alun Whyte

« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2010, 04:41:35 pm »
I was the one who did the original posting but everyone seems to have missed the point. Although highly amusing cos ive laughed at the 101 suggestions for exacting my revenge.
What i was aiming at is the fact that i and i presume many others quote for a job and begin the work without a proper visual inspection of the customers windows. Leaving us wide open for any kind of accusations.
I know for a fact that massive scratch was not caused by WFP he was obviously chancing his luck to get the window replaced and thought i would just cough up with the fact that his wife was a solicitor. My own insurance assure me he has no grounds for a claim

paul rulton

« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2010, 01:31:07 am »
had something similar few years bk when i was on the doors.
was told the law students were tryin 2start trouble with door staff, 2c if they could
wind u up so u snaped. then once u go 4them they would bring charges against u  ::)

simon knight

« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2010, 01:22:06 pm »

Mogsy

If you found my post rude then I'm sorry, but here's the way I see it:

I've been reading this forum for years and always so many members bang on about sign written vans, uniforms, state of the art pole systems, business cards, NVQs, licensing etc....basically anything to make the industry more professional and get away from the perceived image that we're all dole monkeys earning a bit on the side.

I absolutely agree that the industry is long overdue a make-over and a new and better image.

Then I read that when somebody is faced with a bad debt it's perfectly acceptable to resort to cheap spiteful gutter tactics in order to "get revenge".

These tactics go a long way to undo the "professional" image we're trying to attain.

Frankly I find the display of double-standards breathtaking.

Simon, I think they were joking.

Remember them?

My sense of humour is as good as the next mans, and if they were joking then ha ha ha...my sides are splitting at the wit ::)

But if they, or some of them, were not joking then everything I've said stands.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2010, 01:42:26 pm »

Mogsy

I've been reading this forum for years and always so many members bang on about sign written vans, uniforms, state of the art pole systems, business cards, NVQs, licensing etc....basically anything to make the industry more professional and get away from the perceived image that we're all dole monkeys earning a bit on the side.

I absolutely agree that the industry is long overdue a make-over and a new and better image.

Then I read that when somebody is faced with a bad debt it's perfectly acceptable to resort to cheap spiteful gutter tactics in order to "get revenge".

These tactics go a long way to undo the "professional" image we're trying to attain.

Remember them?

My sense of humour is as good as the next mans, and if they were joking then ha ha ha...my sides are splitting at the wit ::)

I'm just amazed that you (and Jack) have taken those posts seriously.
Surely you can see that people were just having a laugh at themselves and their slightly darker fantasies?
It's not about laughing at vandalising property etc.  It's about laughing at oneself.  That's the bit that makes it humorous IMO.
Although I didn't participate in the thread, I could see the humour in it.
I did a bit of searching on google.
I came across something fairly interesting regarding the psychology of humour.
The following article briefly discusses (amongst other things), "self deprecating humour" versus "hostile humour".   http://newsrelease.uwaterloo.ca/news.php?id=2393

If you see this thread as being about "hostile humour" then I could understand that but I think you would be mistaken.
I believe that this thread is about the self deprecating variety with people actually laughing at themselves.
I wonder if some of it is an age thing because I didn't see it until I got to my mid 30s or thereabouts.  That was when I started taking myself a bit less seriously (most of the time) with the occasional relapse.
In fact, me making this post may be seen as a relapse  ;D

signed,
Your ever caring therapist,
Sigmund.

Of course maybe you understand the humour perfectly well and your own post is just a wind up  :)

simon knight

« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2010, 02:18:55 pm »

Mogsy

Remember them?

Surely you can see that people were just having a laugh at themselves and their slightly darker fantasies?
It's not about laughing at vandalising property etc.  It's about laughing at oneself.  That's the bit that makes it humorous IMO.
The following article briefly discusses (amongst other things), "self deprecating humour" versus "hostile humour".   http://newsrelease.uwaterloo.ca/news.php?id=2393

If you see this thread as being about "hostile humour" then I could understand that but I think you would be mistaken.
I believe that this thread is about the self deprecating variety with people actually laughing at themselves.
I wonder if some of it is an age thing because I didn't see it until I got to my mid 30s or thereabouts.  That was when I started taking myself a bit less seriously (most of the time) with the occasional relapse.

signed,
Sigmund.

Of course maybe you understand the humour perfectly well and your own post is just a wind up  :)

Mr Freud, I'm a simple 50 (something) year old man doing a simple job and psycho-analytical-babble sends my brain into a state of torpor. So I tend to be more direct and "cut to the chase" so to speak.

If the posts about super-glue, mice, grass seeds are all a bit of a joke and not intended to be taken seriously then fine...no harm done (albeit I suggest the comedians might struggle to find work on the stage).

However, joking or not these kind of posts wouldn't be taken as jokes by the members of public (all of whom have access to CIU)...so perhaps these kinds of posts aren't really a good idea.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2010, 02:32:09 pm »

Mogsy

Remember them?

signed,
Sigmund.

Mr Freud, I'm a simple 50 (something) year old man doing a simple job and psycho-analytical-babble sends my brain into a state of torpor. So I tend to be more direct and "cut to the chase" so to speak.

If the posts about super-glue, mice, grass seeds are all a bit of a joke and not intended to be taken seriously then fine...no harm done (albeit I suggest the comedians might struggle to find work on the stage).

However, joking or not these kind of posts wouldn't be taken as jokes by the members of public (all of whom have access to CIU)...so perhaps these kinds of posts aren't really a good idea.

Sounds like we are about the same age then  :)  .
I do see what you mean about what the public might think so perhaps such posts aren't a good idea.  While I'm sure that many of them would see the posts for what they are, others may not.  I see such fantasies as a little escapism and no harm done but not everybody realises that.
Right then.  I'll go and phone my shrink now to see if he needs any help  ;D

Sigmund.

simon knight

« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2010, 03:14:35 pm »

Mogsy

Remember them?

signed,
Sigmund.

Sounds like we are about the same age then  :)  .
I do see what you mean about what the public might think so perhaps such posts aren't a good idea.  While I'm sure that many of them would see the posts for what they are, others may not.  I see such fantasies as a little escapism and no harm done but not everybody realises that.
Right then.  I'll go and phone my shrink now to see if he needs any help  ;D

Sigmund.

;D ;D ;D

geefree

« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2010, 07:39:34 pm »
and if all else fails....filth his windows back to original standard.

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2010, 12:25:00 am »
n scratch the rest lol ;D ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Londoner

« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2010, 08:29:15 am »
What are we talking about here? Replace one sealed unit. Whats that trade £50 tops? It got started on before on this forum but it never really got going. Sealed units are easy to change and you can make big money replacing them. Its money for old rope.