Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Sarah Sarill

FRUSTRATION !!!
« on: July 29, 2005, 09:55:37 am »
Been viewing this site for a few months now and thanks to your advice and suppliers links have just installed a 300 gall RO unit in the shed ! So excited but really FRUSTRATED   as I cannot get the TDS reading down below 19.  Is this normal (I live in a hardwater area with a before reading of 320+).  I have yet to pump the first 1000 litres to my van which is set up with a DI tank for polishing.  Will this take the reading down to 000?  What is the highest reading I can expect to get which is acceptable to use ?  Any other tips or guidence ? (but please dont say you should have purchased the Merlin cos it wont be long now before we get a meter for the water and THEN it would be too expensive to turn on !!.)
Sarah

Re: FRUSTRATION !!!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 10:17:35 am »
Hi Sarill

Don’t worry about your reading coming out of your RO unit, providing you do have a DI bottle in the van, when the water from your tank goes through it your TDS will drop to 0.

Also I recommend that you pump the water from your storage tank direct into your van tank. Then have the water in your van tanked pumped to your DI bottle, then poles.

Hope this helps

Andrew

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005, 11:32:43 am »
Thanks Andrew.

The way you suggested is the way we have set up the system in the van and cant wait to test it later when the unit has made enough water to pump into the van tank.

ANy suggestions about small leaks from the connections on the RO ?  Not enough to cause major problems but very slow drip.  Cant get close enough to tape and have taken them out and re-connected them many times.

Finally, where is the cheapest place to get resin from as I have just paid £69 + vat

Cheers. ;D
Sarah

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2005, 12:44:19 pm »
Hi Again Sarill

You may need to up the pressure on the water going into the RO unit, this is how I stopped mine from dripping, however I still get the odd drip happening.

As for DI Resin, I think that is a good price you have paid. I personally buy a disposable DI bottle from Ionics, so I don’t buy bags of resin.

Good luck with it all

Andrew

andy1274

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2005, 03:16:59 pm »
hi

RO-MAN.COM sells 25lt resin for £69.95 inc VAT

dai

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2005, 08:46:25 pm »
£69.95 sounds good. What do they charge for carriage?

gaza

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2005, 04:05:58 pm »
sarill it wont take it down to 000,but will take it up to 000 ;D
SMART RECTUM

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2005, 07:12:26 pm »
sarill did you bin the first ten gallons or so - you cant take a reading until you have run the the membranes through and cleaned any impurities away
i just noticed i wrote "the the" - a kid at my old school got caned for writing "the the the" so that was close :D

gaza

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2005, 07:41:08 pm »
davino: go to the bottom of the clas RE:the the buiss,but Ive replaced you to the top again cus of your tip about first 10 galls just ordered ro unit today.

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2005, 07:54:21 pm »
Davindo.

Discarded first 25 gallons as the instructions suggested !! Have just sealed joints so have to wait til tomorrow to turn the unit on again.  Will be pumping my first batch of water to the van tank and will test them on my own windows via the di tank then. Fingers crossed it will TAKE IT UP to 000 (gazza) !!!

Joking aside you guys have been fab - dont know how I would have " taken the step " without your help and suppliers details.

Will let you know if we get the big 000.  Have a good nite u all !!
Sarah