Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

matthew budd

Flower Stains On Windows.
« on: July 29, 2005, 02:24:18 pm »
Hi guys and girls I'm a newbie here although I've been reading the posts and picking up some useful info so thanks for that. Anyway I've got a little problem at the moment at a house I clean where there are flower petal stains on the windows which are coming from the adjacent hanging baskets. The customer would like these marks removed from her new double glazing ( understandably) but I have had no luck. I tried a scraper on the marks today but this didn't work so I said to the customer I would look into it and try to sort it for next time. Does anybody have any solutions to this problem? Are there any types of cleaning chemicals that I could use?
Any ideas put forward would be very welcome. Cheers.

Re: Flower Stains On Windows.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 05:55:50 pm »
I'm surprised a bit of soapy water and a new scraper-blade wouldn't remove debris from a window caused by a hanging basket!

I've used a limescale remover to remove mineral deposits from a window (it helped but wasn't perfect) - why don't you try that - with a new scraper blade? I should add that you should wear gloves and goggles when using it.

matthew budd

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005, 07:18:37 pm »
I'm surprised a bit of soapy water and a new scraper-blade wouldn't remove debris from a window caused by a hanging basket!

I've used a limescale remover to remove mineral deposits from a window (it helped but wasn't perfect) - why don't you try that - with a new scraper blade? I should add that you should wear gloves and goggles when using it.
Thanks windows chepstow I will try that. The scraper didn't really work with just the soapy water today. The deposits on the window are more like stains than debris. Will definately try the limescale remover though. Thanks.

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2005, 07:33:19 pm »
mdr works well with a non scratch pad and its quicker

matthew budd

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2005, 08:48:12 pm »
Thanks mate. Gotta keep those customers smiling! ;)
What is MDR though?

s.hughes

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2005, 09:35:54 pm »
Just try some vinegar, I always find that works well.

Steveyboy

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2005, 10:04:42 pm »
What is MDR though?

MDR = Mineral Deposit Remover.  Google for some window cleaning suppliers and have a 'butchers' around them.

I've never used the stuff though.

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2005, 11:54:46 pm »

matthew budd

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2005, 01:11:23 pm »
Thanks for all the help lads.