Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mr T

airlocks
« on: April 04, 2010, 04:08:35 pm »
I run a 2 man system from the van,  recently we have had to turn the flow rate near enough to maximum to get the water to come out with enough power for the 2 poles.  Sometimes the water spits/bubbles out could i have an airlock somewere?  How can i fix it?  Thanks...

Martin ccs

Re: airlocks
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 04:11:49 pm »
i may be off the mark but do you have a flow controller? if so the settings my be wrong and are v easy to change.

i thought i had an airlock - everything looked like it was an airlock but it wasnt.

a auto shut off on the controller could be set too low and stops the water coming thru.

Mr T

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 04:21:36 pm »
Yes m8 i have a flow controller, there is a little button on the sibe of it.  Should i re calibrate it?

Martin ccs

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 04:31:46 pm »
Yes m8 i have a flow controller, there is a little button on the sibe of it.  Should i re calibrate it?
as i said before i could be way off the mark but heres what i did after i found it wasnt an airlock.
my controller is a varistream digital.
so basically the controllers are set to one standard setting but that setting wont suit everyones needs/ways of use.
so if the auto shut off is set too sensitive it will stop the water coming thru.
settings A - G, A being low etc... standard setting is norm at C - u may need it upto E at first, then if no good go to F.
so if u have this controller ill tell u how to turn up that setting

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 05:17:33 pm »
New air bubbles can only come from the inlet side of the pump. Check any fittings, preferably dont have any just the hose straght onto the water and a good fitting at the pump inlet.

cleewindows

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 07:54:29 pm »
never knew that m8,what do you get your xline to m8?think mine is on a g.
didnt get instructions with my xline trolley,did u?

as i said before i could be way off the mark but heres what i did after i found it wasnt an airlock.
so basically the controllers are set to one standard setting but that setting wont suit everyones needs/ways of use.
so if the auto shut off is set too sensitive it will stop the water coming thru.
settings A - G, A being low etc... standard setting is norm at C - u may need it upto E at first, then if no good go to F.

Mr T

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 10:16:38 pm »
Yes m8 it's the varistream that I have, if u cud tel me how to reset it that wud b great

Ste M

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 10:33:27 pm »
tags is yours a digital or a manual dial varistream?

Mr T

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2010, 10:42:10 pm »
It's a manual one I think, I just turn it round to how far I want the flow rate.

Ste M

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2010, 10:56:09 pm »
thats what i have and the switch on the side is to do with my auto shut off valve, is yours a purefreedom? i sometimes get little air blocks but they just blow through

Mr T

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2010, 12:10:38 am »
Sounds like the same one I have m8.  I got my system done by sure clean systems in omagh ni

Martin ccs

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2010, 09:51:08 am »
Yes m8 it's the varistream that I have, if u cud tel me how to reset it that wud b great
mines a digital so dont know what yours is like but ill put it on here anyway. so FAO cleewindows aswell.

press and hold down the + & - buttons togehter for 3 secs - let go.
do it again for about 2 secs and it should flash a letter.

then you can just press up or down to change it - A being low etc

then just hold the two buttons again and turn off.

job done.

Martin ccs

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2010, 09:54:03 am »
never knew that m8,what do you get your xline to m8?think mine is on a g.
didnt get instructions with my xline trolley,did u?

mines now on E, was on C and was shutting off too early.

i didnt get instructions either.

funny thing with xline is they def go the extra mile to help with any probs but seem to get some of the basic things wrong

cleewindows

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2010, 10:08:03 am »
totally agree martin about xline.
Thanks the advice im going to have a look at that cause im sure mine is on g.
I will put it down to e.
Yeah never got any instructions and when i put my trolley in the van a few weeks ago it froze up,i rang up,i was asked you didnt turn it on did u?
I said yes
Was told i would need new pump
How am i meant to know,no instructions
Waa a bit angry tbh.
Best person to speak to and most helpfull has to be craig from polarbrite,very helpfull and knowledgeable.

Martin ccs

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2010, 10:11:53 am »
totally agree martin about xline.
Thanks the advice im going to have a look at that cause im sure mine is on g.
I will put it down to e.
Yeah never got any instructions and when i put my trolley in the van a few weeks ago it froze up,i rang up,i was asked you didnt turn it on did u?
I said yes
Was told i would need new pump
How am i meant to know,no instructions
Waa a bit angry tbh.
Best person to speak to and most helpfull has to be craig from polarbrite,very helpfull and knowledgeable.

i find the guys at xline v helpful and so on, they emailied me the trolley instructions and varistream instructions.

did you buy the trolley direct from xline or thru another seller?

cleewindows

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2010, 10:17:01 am »
direct from xline,dont get me wrong james has been very helpfull.

Martin ccs

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2010, 10:20:02 am »
direct from xline,dont get me wrong james has been very helpfull.

ring them 2moz and ask for instructions mate. im thinking of trying to fit a remote control on my trolley but aint got a clue on how to do the wiring.

cleewindows

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2010, 10:28:22 am »
ask craig at polarbrite if he has any he is very helpfull,or maybe james can get you one.