Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: I think I'm on to something about making pure water
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2010, 06:49:01 pm »
Lets not let these changes on this forum take away our since of humour. Life can just be to serious.Taking the mick is a national sport in the in Britian.

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2010, 06:55:52 pm »
Some ideas defy the laws of physics, others are plain stupid, this one ticks both boxes.
Even if it was possible to boil water to purify it the amount of energy needed would be massive compared to the cost of an RO or even DI only.

Collecting evaporated water is just as dumb for the sheer amount you would need or get.

Somtimes you need to tell people in the bluntest terms that what they are suggesting is not workable.

Anyone with teenage kids will understand.  ;)

Re: I think I'm on to something about making pure water New
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2010, 07:10:05 pm »
 ;)

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2010, 07:15:54 pm »
Thats the trouble with an internet forum, no facial expressions, body language, tone of voice etc. Point taken Sean. But no offence was intended.

If any was taken by the original poster then I apologise.

thats the problem with t'internet....you cant really tell from the typed letter the sarcasm/love behind the post.....but it is there......its up to you/me to decifer it......hey wait up......little bulb just flashed above me, no not another randon power cut, an idea of all things.......an actual idea (scrimmy comes up with an idea...circa wotever the year is, i cant believe its 2010 already)..anyway, (can you tell i have had a wee glass of bubbly) wot woz i on about?...ah yes, my idea, here it comes:

a video forum....so we can see who we are talking to and hear them, thus getting the real meaning behind the words as we can see them as they speak.......mmm just thought of the implications....like wots actually going on in the room behind tosh.......listen, just forget i said anyfink. 8)

Sean Dyer

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2010, 07:34:04 pm »
fair play

sorry for jumping the gun

:-* and made up

:)

Re: I think I'm on to something about making pure water New
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2010, 10:43:27 pm »
 ;)

mci services

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2010, 11:05:50 pm »
its not such a bad idea, i once made a still in bosnia you need one steel bucket with a burner underneath and fill it with water and rotten plums, then some copper brake pipe coiled going from the lid of the bucket to another bucket. the copper has to be coiled ;) then you need to run cold water over the copper and the other bucket fills with distilled plum brandy or slivovich. if you just want pure water miss the plums out ;D but if you drink this stuff with the plums you wont care how pure your water is

Sean Dyer

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2010, 11:43:22 pm »
its not such a bad idea, i once made a still in bosnia you need one steel bucket with a burner underneath and fill it with water and rotten plums, then some copper brake pipe coiled going from the lid of the bucket to another bucket. the copper has to be coiled ;) then you need to run cold water over the copper and the other bucket fills with distilled plum brandy or slivovich. if you just want pure water miss the plums out ;D but if you drink this stuff with the plums you wont care how pure your water is

i used to work with a ukranian lad and he used to make the most amazing "vodka" distilling old beer that bars were throwing like john smiths and stuff

the still was tiny in his kitchen sink

formb

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2010, 09:46:30 am »
It'll cost far to much to boil the water.

I think boiling it only kills any bacteria and organisms anyway not sure if it removes any particles....