Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mlscontractcleaner

Sand blasting problem
« on: April 06, 2010, 07:59:46 pm »
Here's one for all you clever buggars out there.

I've had a call from the mother of a window cleaning customer telling me that she has a problem with her carpet. She say's it's a dark red carpet with quite a thick pile - I've not been out to see it yet - and the back of her house has recently been sandblasted. after the work men had gone she notices that her carpet was badly stained; a sort of yellowish colour she says, that extends for around two feet from the door, getting less noticeable as you get further from the door. The strange thing she said is that if she " scrubs " it with her hoover it appears to go, only to reappear a short time later :o

Like I say, I've yet to go out to see it but if any of you have seen this problem before your advice would be welcome. I've yet to see her carpet but knowing her it'll be a nice one costing a few quid.

Many thanks :)
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

Phild

Re: Sand blasting problem
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 09:19:55 pm »
Sounds as if it's a sandstone building that's been blast cleaned and the dust and spent medium tracked in which means it will need a hell of a powerbrushing before cleaning or you will be wading in a sandy slurry. Add to your post when you survey it as it's an interesting problem.

mlscontractcleaner

Re: Sand blasting problem
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 09:30:25 pm »
Cheers buddy; I'll kep you posted.
Come and talk dirty to us!!!