Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: whats better compact £10's or spread out £20's
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2010, 08:05:19 pm »
compact will allways be a winner, as you are allways working, whilst you are sat in the van driving, your not earningBut if you earn more doing spread out work than compact that IMHO is better, A lot of compact work can be historically underpriced (ie it's never been well paid and the customers don't expect to pay more than rock bottom price), therefore it can be a challenge to get them to pay a better rate. It depends what you want to target. You will always be better off doing 4 £100 jobs than 100 £4.00 jobs as you spend more time doing admin. Personally I don't really want to be 'flat out' from 9-5.

though saying that

ask compact 10 quid work or spread out 50 quid ( plus ) work

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2010, 08:08:38 pm »
I live in a  beautiful area and am a bit of a snob (apparently).
I have both compact and spread out work and like the variation. My spread out work averages £35 per property. My compact work averages £15. Both have their place. I tend to do compact in a morning and a few spread out in the afternoon, I find it breaks the day up a bit.

I like higher value work as you have less time doing administration for 1 £50 job than you do for 5 £10 jobs.
Bakewell,very beautiful area,I am from Ashbourne so not a million miles away and also beautiful IMHO,live in Derby for last 7-8 months but building up part of my rounds in Ashbourne and my best area is Parwich,very nice area to work in

That sounds like a good plan, Live in the City and travel to parwich or Ashbourne to work. Email me your details and if I get asked I can forward it to you.

roundbuilder

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2010, 10:08:03 pm »
all patch work is compact,its the only way get a job driving if that s what you like doing.
wouldnt like to buy a round off you where you have kept the best paying houses in that area,should sell all the work in the area

all my prices are good at £10 to 15. Its not as if im selling my rubbish work off id be selling work under the £20 pound barrier but the way things are going i think i may have to just add the extra to my round and not sell any chunks as no way compact enough jo justify splitting, replys to my thread made my mind up. Thanks fellow shiners

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2010, 10:48:16 pm »
I don't get bogged down too much by hourly rates, what matters to me now is the daily gross.To be frank i don't think we should be posting this stuff on here but for what it's worth my method is to spend eight to get back ten, so when you get two hundred clear i probably hammer that by a good distance but i also pay a lot out to ensure that the works  as easy as it can be and people remain compelled to use and recomend me.

I'll never make any money because i'm too nice.The bloke who helps me gets to stuff his face all day while i do most of the work and all of the worrying.He gets at least three good belly laughs a day when people ask where the old man is and he enjoys some of the best mba lectures in the world during the drive betweens. 

He should be paying me.

Sean Dyer

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2010, 11:41:58 pm »
compact all day

ive been doing houses today that i bought a while back about 120 quids worth compact and easy ish 3 bed semis but prices are shocking they should of been put up ages ago but ive put it off, this april they all go up though my whole round, but still when mixed in with some other work in same area all compact 2 of us trad one up one down have done a great day , done 48 3/4 bed houses (about 5 are fronts only) and a pub

average at just over £7

so my answer is compact all day, but life would be easier with 20 easy £20 jobs and less tiring but its harder to find