Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jason Ryan

Looking to buy a Roatary/Buffer
« on: March 29, 2010, 07:37:51 am »
Am looking to buy a rotary/buffer machine, mostly for carpet jobs but also to buff up wooden flooring/hard floors. I want to buy new but dont wana spend over £600 (prefrably below)-is that a realistic price.

Ideas and advice please.

Cheers

J

Dave Whittaker

Re: Looking to buy a Roatary/Buffer
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 10:01:07 am »
Why not buy second hand? For your budget I would consider buying two used Victors or Taskis.

One low speed for carpets and one higher speed for the buffing of wood floors and suchlike.

I've just started bonneting carpets myself with a low speed, maybe a more experienced fella on here can show you a machine which will do both but with less experience I wouldnt use anything too fast for carpets.

jasonl

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 10:17:07 am »
I have a wetrok twin speed , though I use it on the faster speed for carpets, no problem , I have rarely used it on the slow speed.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

stu_thomson

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 06:57:48 pm »
People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made!

clinton

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 08:48:38 pm »
Same here stu i used the victor sprite and must say its a great machine and have had no problems with it :)

Gets knocked about a bit and does a fair amount of work and never lets me down..

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 09:59:45 pm »
I have the Victor Europa (I think) It really is an old nag, at least 20 yrs old and it's still going! It gets a coat of looking in the winter to smarten it up. Victors are indestructable.

Simon

Jason Ryan

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 11:23:49 pm »
Cheers all, the Victor on the Ebay link looks good. Gona have a scan around 1st though to see whats around.

J