Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Archer

Anyone CHAS Registered
« on: March 23, 2010, 06:22:52 pm »

Hi,

quick question, i am a member of SAFEcontractor and the hassle filling all the forms in, really is bonkers, but now i have won a contract that requires me to be CHAS Registered.

I have instructed a company to complete my forms on my behalf for a fee, as i am too busy and have not got the patience to go through all that again.

Have any of you seen any benefits from being a member of CHAS,

Thanks

Chris.

Moderator David@stives

Re: Anyone CHAS Registered
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 06:33:51 pm »
Chris

I am Chas, just going through renewel, cracking idea paying someone to do it.  might do that myself.

you know the score with these things,

You are reaffirming to your clients you are the H&S boy who is doing a double effort.

stracey

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 07:18:12 pm »
 We got chas registered two weeks ago , did all the work through my experiance and IOSH training.
I will take your money off you if you need help with the form filling.
Tell me what the H+S advisers are charging you, ill beat the price.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 07:20:35 pm »
stracey

name your fee and you might have a customer

stracey

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 07:40:40 pm »
 I have all the needed evidence that you require becoming chase registered.
You can doctor the evidence to include your own details.

There are two types of registration = Companies up to 5 employees
                                                                                 Or
                                                            Companies of more than 5 employees.
We are registered up to 5 employees. If you have a recognised H+S qualification or can prove you are a competent person responsible for the H+S in your business then the process is straight forward.

Chas charged us £88 +vat to be assessed by an H+S advisor, the same advisor wanted £250 an hour for help, no thanks.     

richywilts

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 08:00:12 pm »
what sort of paperwork do they require??? id like to gettin these recognitions for my business but havent really got a lot of commercial as yet but its building steadily. id also like to get the correct paperwork in place for peace of mind

cheers richy
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 08:01:32 pm »
youve got me  ;D ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

richywilts

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 08:07:41 pm »
exactly lammy i need health and safety paperwork in place!!!
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 08:08:27 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

gary evans

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 08:49:18 pm »
Hi Chris

Good luck with the CHAS, its not to bad when you get going, one thing though, yourself & Dave Morris & similar companies, Safecontractor, is not the accreditation of choice no more. I dont normally talk of my business, but, yes i am CHAS, SAFECONTRACTOR & the new one on the block that councils & h/a,s are looking for is Constructionline.

To be begin with i disagreed with having to have Constructionline as we are not builders, but, somewhere somebodys influence, how i can only guess, have persuaded authorites that is what we all need.

So eventually or on re-newal of your contracts, you will be asked for Constructionline & when you say you have Safecontractor they,ll say WHO!!

All he best

Gary

Archer

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 04:14:18 pm »

Dave,

get stracey to do it pal,

Ive paid £700.00 - NOT BOTHERED need it asap and they wikll have it for me within the week

ronnie paton

stracey

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2010, 07:25:12 pm »
The consultant advisors only spend 10mins on giving you templates that you have to doctor yourself.

The cost of £700 is about what they charge for putting your application through.
I took the decision that if i couldnt do the application myself then i was not a competant person to be running my commercial cleaning business, let alone be responsible for the safety of my employees or the public.

Most experianced guys on here could do the application themselves with a little help.
Do not be taken advantage of by this money making training industry

trevor perry

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2010, 08:14:17 pm »
Reading the above posts just shows what a mockery these schemes are there are people who are not even in our industry doing our health and safety forms for us, cleaning companies are providing doctored paperwork just to get accredited so it is possible for some firms to look very professional but in truth are not really putting the health and safety in place on the job where it really counts.

better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2010, 08:27:54 pm »
Reading the above posts just shows what a mockery these schemes are there are people who are not even in our industry doing our health and safety forms for us, cleaning companies are providing doctored paperwork just to get accredited so it is possible for some firms to look very professional but in truth are not really putting the health and safety in place on the job where it really counts.

Agreed, pretty much common knowlage though. It's about how you appear, not what's factual. It's all about getting the contracts. ;)

It's down to the readies every time. Look at the recent threads on NVQ's. The promotor of these "apparently" get £1300 from the coffers for every taker! ;D If I were in their shoes I'd be promoting my bo**ox off! ;D

richywilts

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2010, 09:30:57 pm »
can anyone tell me what paperwork they require???
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

Archer

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2010, 10:18:25 pm »

Stracey,

i AM capable of completing the form myself as i completed my SAFEcontractor,

i CANNOT BE BOTHERED completing the CHAS forms, thats the reason i have paid £700 to get it sorted quickly.

Filling stupid & pathetic money making bits of paperwork, that annoy me so much - is WORTH paying the money to keep my stress levels down and concentrate on what i do best, clean windows, run a buisness and have alittle more time.

SIMPLE AS THAT

As for being competent and the health & safety of employees, i am strict as anything on H&S, so just because you fill your forms in - it doesnt mean your well up on H&S,,,,,, The health and safety aspect of the job, comes down to common sense

G Griffin

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2010, 10:49:50 pm »
Chris

I am Chas, just going through renewel, cracking idea paying someone to do it.  might do that myself.

you know the score with these things,

You are reaffirming to your clients you are the H&S boy who is doing a double effort.

I thought you were Dave  ???
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

stracey

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2010, 01:58:00 pm »
The process is simple if you have the experience and training, you just need to provide evidense
of what you are already doing.
The money we saved by doing the process ourselves saved enough money to buy a Super Max 40ft
for the business, thats a win win situation, dont be put off with the paper work.