Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

windowswashed

Water Flow rate
« on: March 25, 2010, 10:12:03 pm »
In the past I was using 2 litres of water a minute for wfp work. I have 4 jets fitted to my brushes. I use a flojet 100psi pump with a maximium flow rate of 7.6 litres flow rate.

Just lately I have increased the flow rate to up around 4-5 litres a minute and I'm absolutely flying through my work in almost half the time. Haven't had any problems with poor standards of work as all the windows still come up clean with no spots on repeat work that I have previously flown around. Downside is that I use a bit more water than before but in comparison to the amount of work I'm achieving in a day I can live with it. I sometimes feel like a 'splash and dash' window cleaner because of my speed now and feel guilty when I knock on the doors for the money. ;D

Does anyone else use a high flow of water and have you had poor results because of the excessive flow?????

daz1977

Re: Water Flow rate
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 11:06:37 pm »
i use a high flow, as i dont have a flow control and i seem to get around some houses really quickly and had no problems, but i give them a good rinse anyway

davet

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 11:23:11 pm »
I used to use a high flow rate 4 the reasons u mentioned but had some custies complain due me sloshing 2 much water about despite having windows/frames etc spotless

turned flow down a bit now which in turn makes it slower

not sure how some of them manage when it rains

nothing worse than dealing with people ha

Wizard

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 06:30:09 am »
If you are slower with a lower flo rate= faster with a higher flow rate sounds to me like the same thing.I dont feel custies should tell me how to clean. I dont tell doctor how to medicate.

Mike #1

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 06:31:05 am »
i use about 1/2 of a litre a minute i have 3mm jets fitted to brush just got some 1mm pencil jets hoping to take water usage down even further never had a problem with rinsing cant understand why you need to use 4 litres a minute

windowswashed

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 06:38:30 am »
I concentrate on giving a good scrub when cleaning windows. The higher flow rate of water ensures there is more weight (water) pulling the dirt down the glass so need to worry about rinsing off properly.

Too little water flow rate and I'm just hanging around waiting for the water to get through the brush onto the glass so I can crawl along at a snails pace waiting for the water to cover the glass.

Mike #1

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 06:47:48 am »
I work far faster now then when i started wfp 2 yrs ago rinsing is really fast  with my flow rate i aint got time to hang around talking to custys either mate loll