Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jcbdfa

greasy carpets
« on: July 06, 2005, 09:18:02 pm »
i cleaned a very thick pile wool carpet in an indian restaurant today and despite using enzyme presray and formula 90 in the tank the carpet, although much much better is still a bit greasy. this has not been an issue as the owner is qiute realistic but i would like to remove all of it next time and also use milder chemicals i was anxious to do an impressive job(which i have) any thoughts on an alternative approach. the waste water was absolutely black with jelly at the bottom?yuk. it is a very high quality woven carpet. my understanding is 1 high ph (saponification) 2 enzymes turn it to gelatin 3 solvent will dissolve it. enzyme prespray is high ph with enzymes(obviously) formula 90 is high ph temp 70 degrees. the only thing is i was agitating with a pile brush.
many thanx

stevegunn

Re: greasy carpets
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 09:33:37 pm »
prochem do a product called citra boost that may help plus you need some sort of mechanical agitation

Matt Read

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2005, 09:34:20 pm »
this will prob get shot down in flames by the experts but all restaurant carpets i've cleaned in that state have needed steam boosted high ph cleaning..obviously checking fitting first.....u can always flush thru with a rinse if your worried .
Matt

Gavin Reardon

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2005, 10:38:43 pm »
I think more aditating was definatly needed
Gavin Reardon IICRC / NCCA

www.ace-cleaning.co.uk

ABLECLEAN

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2005, 11:19:29 pm »
I clean an Indian restaurant and the carpet is a cut-pile nylon semi-saxony print. I had trouble with high ph solution not cleaning to the bottom of the pile the first couple of times as I was using a pile brush for agitation. Then I bought some of Alltec's citrus pre-spray and a Sebo Duo to agitate it. The results were brilliant, but the agitation must be mechanical for those sort of jobs. I hope this helps you. ;)

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2005, 10:42:36 am »
A heavy duty micro splitter pre spray with mechanical agitation and high temp extraction would be a straight forward highly effective approach, no worries about neutralising either :)

Allergeze

Doug Holloway

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2005, 04:59:47 pm »
The same ;)

I got so fed up with the three or four idiots on cleanitup I had quit but no sooner do I go they seem to have dissapeared  :D all bar one anyway  :(

Allergeze the name of a new company started by me in order to do my new product justice ( mention no names  ;) ) check my new web site and see what you think http://www.allergeze.com

Allergeze aka Paul

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2005, 10:40:20 pm »
the asbys steam mate cuts through it like butter. no problem ose extra grease solution. jobs done.
listen,learn.and benefit. try. reward.and love, peace harmony.feng shui. and all that. it improves ones selling .to ones customers.reap THE HARVEST WHILST YOU CAN. and try to crush the opposition.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2005, 10:57:25 pm »
Nice to hear from again you Ron

Shaun

jcbdfa

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2005, 12:03:02 am »
thanx for the replies
it seems i will have to buy a sebo as my agitation seems inadequate. especially if i get their other restaurant(fingers crossed). citra boost (and other citrus products) i have never used as presprays. i did use citrus gel and a small wire brush on some very bad patches and it worked very well so i may try these although i have two buckets of enzyme ps and hi force ps!!! it seems that this situation really call for a truckmounts power particularly the heat. but a sebo would be much cheaper. a steammate may be another good soln but i already have an inline. i have to say i dont think ms would have been up to the job as it is a product i do use particularly on upholstery. grease like this is a difficult problem. i am sure i could clean it three times on the trot and remove the same amount of crud!!!

Gavin Reardon

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2005, 06:27:42 pm »
Hi Paul

Great web site mate  ;)

Jcbdfa I have used ms on McDonalds restaurants in my area with GREAT RESULTS and there is plenty of grease in those places  :o

Shaun no it is not  :-X

Regards Gavin
Gavin Reardon IICRC / NCCA

www.ace-cleaning.co.uk

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2005, 01:27:24 pm »
Hi Paul

Great web site mate  ;)

Regards Gavin

Thanks Gavin ;D

Alan_Harrison

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2005, 10:23:45 am »
Nice looking site Paul.

Did you do it yourself? If so. What software do you use?

Aan
Cleaning and restoration of Oriental Rugs, kilims and tapestries.
http//www.olneyrugs.com