Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian Rochester

Worst Day EVER
« on: June 30, 2005, 07:18:43 pm »
Can anyone beat this for my last 24 hours:

Firstly, last night I played golf and left my phone on the table in the clubhouse, I realised later and rang them up but it was gone....now waiting for a replacement to be sent.  Lost all my stored phone numbers which is the worst part.

Then today, the lads went out window cleaning in one of the vans and a stone chipping from the car in front smashed his windscreen, (£50 excess to pay). 

I went off to do a full house clean in an old rectory, got set up and started upstairs when the pump went on my Exel machine, had a 20 mile round trip back home to get the spare machine, got that set up and within half an hour one of the vac motors went on that!!, so had to blank off one exhaust and run at half vacuum. 

Finally, to top it all, one of the high pressure hoses burst at the wand end and sprayed me top to bottom, luckily I had finished upstairs and only needed one 7.5m length for downstairs.

The worst thing is, it's not as though I run my equipment into the ground and don't maintain it properly, everything gets serviced regularly, is kept clean and oiled. 

I've never needed to replace a motor or a pump ever before so maybe this was just my time to get it all in one fell swoop.

So in essence, everything I've earned today (and more) will be getting spent on repairs to vans, machinery and hoses tomorrow.  Had to reschedule tomorrows work for Saturday and I hate working Saturdays!!!

ABLECLEAN

Re: Worst Day EVER
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 09:36:44 pm »
Bummer!! I had a pump pack up on me yesterday but I had a spare which I fitted in 45 minutes. My first job this morning was taken to hospital last night and no one informed me.
But that is all.

John_Flynn

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 10:05:47 pm »
I was Bankrupt in 1995 and have gone downhill ever since, so do not worry about the odd off day!!

Welcome to the Real World.
I get better looking each day!!

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 10:17:13 pm »
I went out for tea this evening, decided on a steak, asked for it medium-rare,

when it came it was medium :o :o :o

and then to top it all they had run out of raspberry gratin!

life can be hard :-\

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2005, 10:21:07 pm »
could be worse Mick the cow could have got a blood infection, the extra bit of time in the pad will have killed the disease off, but hey you've had worse on your tongue :o

Shaun

scott.

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2005, 05:35:15 am »
Hey john
I went bancrupt twice....made sure I bought everything for the business first....sorry, my mrs's business ;D ;D....Things always look up....Buy a karcher as a back up ;D ;D ;D ;D

dave401uk

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2005, 05:51:22 am »
Woke up sat morning, and my van and its contents had been stolen.

DAVE
Its never a pass of the wand,just a master stroke.

Doug Holloway

stevegunn

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2005, 08:08:15 am »
Woke up sat morning, and my van and its contents had been stolen.

DAVE

I've got an eclipse and a rotary that you could borrow until you sort yourself out if thats any helpCannot help you on the van front though

Steve

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2005, 09:25:39 am »
Really sorry to hear that Dave  :(
I wish I could help but only have a comanche going spare so no where near as good as Steve's kind offer but its here if you need it.

On a lighter note your website is finished and ready to go live ;)

Paul

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2005, 03:56:32 pm »
SAD NEWS  >:(
My spare is at your disposal and as many chemicals as you need to start off.

Dave_Lee

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2005, 04:15:32 pm »
Good to see others offering help at such a bad time.  Hope you were fully covered Dave.
Dave
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2005, 10:22:20 pm »
You think that's bad.  I've found a lump on my right testicle!

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2005, 10:26:03 pm »
im sorry to hear such sad stories . but my worst day ever . was i did not get a tip from a customer :P
listen,learn.and benefit. try. reward.and love, peace harmony.feng shui. and all that. it improves ones selling .to ones customers.reap THE HARVEST WHILST YOU CAN. and try to crush the opposition.

dave401uk

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2005, 07:11:09 am »
Many thanks for your offers of help chaps, its very warming,

wang king (or is it ron this week) only you could post a reply like that, you are such a pratt

steve and all once again, thanks for you kind offers,i am not far from being up and running again

Dave
Its never a pass of the wand,just a master stroke.

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2005, 07:44:44 am »
Hi Dave,

Pleased to hear your close to getting back up and running :)

The website I had finished is going to need changing now though, It had a pic of your van on it :P

All the best
Paul and Emma