Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jenny1

Employee sickness
« on: February 26, 2010, 03:20:18 pm »
Hi,

We took on a new employee three weeks ago.  She works on average 5 hours per week.  She called in sick with toothache during her first week and the following week she couldn't work one of her shifts because she said she had a dental appointment.  She was meant to be working this morning but text me to say that she wouldn't be in because she had been sick all night.

Obviously I need somebody who is reliable and she's been off sick twice in her first three weeks.  She's on 3 months probation.  Please could someone advise me what is the best action to take. 

Thanks.

newbroom

Re: Employee sickness
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 04:32:10 pm »
Get rid most people make an efort during the first couple weeks to show themselves in a positvie light. Just think what she will be like 12 months down the line

ajs

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 05:38:18 pm »
i do a job which involve  human excrement, and i still go work sick or tooth ache etc. i believe you should go to work if loss of loss of limb or real flue when u cant even get out of bed
bye bye old hello new but check out discrimination etc first just to cover yourself
andy

Pristine Clean

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 06:24:16 am »
If she is a new employee in the first year, and especially on a 3 months trial and it has not gone past the trial.

Dismiss her immediately.

1. Do you have a signed employment contract?
2. Do you have an employee hand book?

Reason I was asking these was to prove she was still on 3 months trial and that she has followed the rules.

Dave
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"