Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Rob_Mac

Pressure washer lance steel
« on: February 13, 2010, 09:34:51 pm »
I need to know the size of pressure washer lance steel, as I intend to start making my own lances up. Does anyone know??

Rob ;D

BDCS

Re: Pressure washer lance steel
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 11:12:32 pm »
1/4"bspt male which I think is 5/8". The tapping drill is 15.8mm off the top of my head but I'll check tomorrow when I go to the yard. Dual pumps sell the tubes on their own or are you after making longer ones

Rob_Mac

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 07:44:59 am »
BDCS

I have joined a couple together and made a 2 metre lance and prefer the size, with turbo nozzle on it floats quite nicely and is very light but I broke it on the roof at Epsom last week!!, when I dropped it (it was tied on but hit the roof!!)

I have a quick release trigger and intend making 2 x 2, x3, x4, x5 metre lances with the quick release specifically for roof cleaning as their is a lot of moving the cherry picker basket and stretching at the moment and struggling to reach awkward areas.

I have 3 powerpoles but they are heavy and very difficult to hold straight out (lot of back strain).

The 2 metre lance I made up was excellent as it floated but it also kept the spray area away from the feet - keeping me dry.

Thanks for the point in the right direction

Rob ;D

BDCS

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 12:42:26 pm »
I've just measured the tube on my lances and its 13mm - ignor my earlier guess !
Here's the imformation you need
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_standard_pipe_thread

richywilts

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 05:40:07 pm »
rob make me some if ya want while ya at it il pay ya a nice drink for ya troubles!!!
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

stalwart

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 05:56:17 pm »
Theres a company called exchange engineering that do long lances i'm sure they have one up to 1800mm they dont do internet sales you have to ring for their catologue

http://www.ilincolnshire.co.uk/profile/97498/Grantham/Exchange-Engineering-Ltd/

Just a little thing to think of,most of the fittings today,ie trigger nozzle holders have a tapered thread unless you have the correct cutting dies you might find it hard or not cost effective to make your own,maybe ???
Give em a call
Been there,seen it,done it,just cant remember when

Rob_Mac

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 11:00:03 pm »
Stalwart

I'm good on the connections, only needed the tap and die set sizes and a pointer on what size the rolled steel is and lengths.

1800 I need a lot longer than that. The one i'm currently using is 2000 and the one I broke was 2500.

Thanks for the link to Lincolnshire - will look at that tomorrow.

Richie - having enough trouble making these work for me. If I get there I will let you know. Might need to be patient as I am stacked out with work!!!

Rob ;D