Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gary evans

Gutter cleaning question
« on: February 06, 2010, 06:28:27 am »
Hi All

2 questions realy.

1:  Best place to hire gutter vac, also near to Stoke-on-Trent.
      Best machine to hire.

2:   With all this rain etc there is a lot of water in gutters so how heavy is it to use & how does the machine lose the water or do you have to keep emptying water away.

Also any body near to Stoke who would like to come in with us, there is about 100m left to do so max 1 day(or what would it take 3-4 hours)

Thanks in advance

Gary

amberini

Re: Gutter cleaning question
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 07:16:51 pm »
Hey! i am aavailable for the right FEE ;)

outdoor restore

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 10:10:32 pm »
1. Only people I'm aware of hiring gutter vacs is omnipole, I think they deliver for a fee.
2. Gutters will only be full of water if they are totally blocked, once you've cleared the blockage the water will drain along the gutter.  My vac is fitted with a pump to pump liquid out, which I presume is the same for ones you buy/hire.  TBH I have removed the pump as find it's not required. My vax is similar to omnivacs but with only 2 x 1200w motors, but find this adequate for domestics.  I bought the poles from omnivac 36', quite heavy to use and difficult to control at anything above 24'.  I tend to use a combination of gutter sucker (it's a wet and dry vac, not allowed to call it a "guttervac"); pressure washer with extending lance and gutter attachment, and a scraper attached to the end of a harris pole.
I'm in Shrewsbury, if you ever get over this way, be happy to show you my kit.

Neil

gary evans

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 06:43:18 am »
Cheers Neil

Its a big job we,ve been doing, where we used a spider cherry picker for most of it.

But, unable to access some rears through steep banks, so looking to pole, but, heightis approx 30ft so using poles will be quite heavy i imagne.

atahsnks

Gary

outdoor restore

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 02:08:54 pm »
If you can stand underneath the gutter, then the vac poles are fairly easy (if a bit heavy) to use, it's when going at an angle (above cons etc) that they are more of a problem.  Is the gutter wide enough to get a vac nozzle in?

gary evans

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 06:51:30 am »
Hi Neil

1 Block full access to total width, 2nd block tiles restricting access down to about 2inch, so would need wedged attachment.

Thanks

Les

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 07:11:31 am »
Did some gutter cleaning after the snow last week.....

Fantastic !!  :o

The leaves and debris were totally frozen and came out in pieces about 2 feet long at a time...eazy peazey !

I think I'll do them all in the bad weather and charge 'Extra' to do them in the summer  ;)

Les