Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

scott.

flooded Hotel carpet
« on: June 15, 2005, 04:06:54 pm »
Had a call to a hotel last week, to extract water from one of the rooms, which had leaked from the bathroom, and took them a week to call someone out! . 20 litres later and 5 hours of turbo drying, it appeared to be drying out, however it stank like a bag of dead rats. Upon completion, I notice the water pouring out of the bathroom again, and back into the carpet, as the plumber was obviously hopeless. I anticipate another call-out again, and was wondering if the water being in there for that length of time, would make it stink permanently, or what course of action would one recommend? I used odour fresh, but the rat smell over-powered it.

jcbdfa

Re: flooded Hotel carpet
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 09:24:48 pm »
i would think this carpet is ber at this stage odourfresh is not really powerful enough. the only way this could be restored is to up the carpet and treat it with a powerful sanitiser including and especially the back. a product such as ballista sprayed on or prochem micro san sprayed with a wet fogger may work. but the carpet may already be discoloured due to mould.

John_Flynn

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2005, 07:11:46 pm »
Scott

There is more to Flood Restoration than sucking water out, tha should get thisen on a course.
I get better looking each day!!

Gavin Reardon

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2005, 10:12:50 am »
Hi Scott

I would use a Ozone Generator great bit of kit  8)

Regards Gavin
Gavin Reardon IICRC / NCCA

www.ace-cleaning.co.uk

Karl Wildey

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2005, 10:41:07 am »
No mention of unerlay?
Is the carpet a foambacked/felt? Is it on u/lay?

John_Flynn

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2005, 10:54:24 am »
Also no mention of floor ie, wood, chipboard, concrete, all different solutions, skirting board, migration of water upt walls!!

As said before more to it than getting shut o water.
I get better looking each day!!

Len Gribble

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2005, 06:26:36 pm »
Scott

I can recommend one course that is!

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2005, 09:20:03 pm »
strange a hotel should rip up and start afresh beware
listen,learn.and benefit. try. reward.and love, peace harmony.feng shui. and all that. it improves ones selling .to ones customers.reap THE HARVEST WHILST YOU CAN. and try to crush the opposition.

scott.

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2005, 08:23:28 pm »
Hi guys...I think they did rip up and start again..The water was there for so long in the end...saved me agro..thanks for the advice..I did suggest that to them in the end.