Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

empire_cleaning

Getting Started New
« on: June 29, 2005, 04:38:43 pm »
Hi,

I am a window cleaner looking to get started doing a bit of carpet cleaning and have a few questions.

I don't know anything about carpet cleaning so need a few basic pointers. I am not looking to move from window cleaning to carpet cleaning just use my current customer base to generate some custom and get a few extras. I just want about 1 clean a day.

I don't know what carpet cleaning systems are available and at what sort or cost is involved so if anyone can point out the the main ones and give me some website addresses that would be great.

Also while working it out can someone give me a very rough guide price as to how much a average 3 bed house would be to do.

I realise there is probably a lot more to it than all that but I need something to get me started.

Thanks

Elliot

mark_roberts

Re: Getting Started
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 05:54:05 pm »
Elliot

Yes there is a lot more to it than all that.

Pricing will depend upon your costs, market, area, competition etc.  Usually prices will start at £1.50 a sq yard and up but you really want to be aiming at £2 plus a sq yard.

You will need more than just a machine and expect to invest at least £3000 on a new machine plus equipment.  Thats for a basic machine.

Really you need to ask yourself is carpet cleaning something you WANT to do or just to play at because if the latter then youll not do well in the long run.  Dont forget if your giving your current window clients excellant service then theyll expect the same from carpet cleaning.

The first thing you need to do is go out with a cleaner to see if carpet cleaning is for you.  Then you need a training course asap before you do anything.

Try www.prochem.co.uk
www.alltec.co.uk
www.ashbys-uk.com

all the best
Mark