Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike55

Decided to add WFP
« on: February 02, 2010, 10:42:41 am »
I have decided to add WFP to my cleaning alongside trad.

After giving it some serious thought there are so many positive reasons for doing this that I consider it a must alongside trad cleaning.

I am a newbie only having around 50 custies and initially planned to wait until the round was bigger before implementing.  However even with this low number I can see the benefits now and with future canvassing of having both skills in the armery.

What I really need is some advice and I am hoping you can help me in getting setup.  I will give myself a target of 1-2 months by which time I want to be using this method.

Can anyone help me with a breakdown in laymans terms of what I need to do, or point me to a thread or website which explains this?

I want to avoid going on a paid for course if it I can get just as good advice from the helpful guys on this forum.

I am after a breakdown from actually storing the water at home to the end result of cleaning the windows (so equipment I will need, best places to buy them and how to make and store the water etc)

I guess at this stage I would need some kind of portable trolley system rather than a van mount due to the number of custies I have and probably more importantly the cost to get up and running.

If anyone can help me with advice on getting setup it would be really appreciated.  Also any online tutorials or vids that show the correct use of WFP from first cleans to maintenance cleans would be great. 

I am based in Berkshire (Reading) and the water in this area is very hard.

Thanks
Mike

trevor povey

Re: Decided to add WFP
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 11:08:27 am »
1. try and pick up an old IBC tank to store your water in either 600ltr or 1000ltr look on ebay.

2.pure freedom for a trolley set up which will include a r/o system and containers

3. whilst at pure freedom get a pump off them to pump the water from your IBC storage tank into your containers

4. get a fibre glass pole from them as well

5. thats about it...I think

G Griffin

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 12:22:23 pm »
The backpack is another option- Shurflo, WCW etc. 

Or DIY trolley. Have a look at Matt`s DIY site. There are pictures too, which might make it easier to understand. Even for the water production side of it. 

There are videos of  wfp cleaning on Youtube.

Are there any wfp users near to you? So you can have a chat, look at the system etc.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 04:12:22 pm »
try n c if any one will take u out for a day im pre domaitly trad m8
but a wfp guy off ere took me out for the day hes now a very gud
contact an a friend workd for me an as you said that is ow i see
wfp for my business i av to admit i works a treat on leads
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Mike55

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 07:29:41 pm »
The backpack is another option- Shurflo, WCW etc. 

Or DIY trolley. Have a look at Matt`s DIY site. There are pictures too, which might make it easier to understand. Even for the water production side of it. 

There are videos of  wfp cleaning on Youtube.

Are there any wfp users near to you? So you can have a chat, look at the system etc.

Thanks Chaps.

Where can I find Matts DIY site I'll take a look at that?

G Griffin

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 07:48:46 pm »
Google- diy water fed pole
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Frankybadboy

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 07:55:39 pm »
talk to steven s he is around your way.he show you the tricks and what you need.

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 08:09:55 pm »
Best advice I can give you is see if someone will show you the ropes. Failing that get on YouTube and search for water fed pole.

I'm self taught through the posts I've read on here and videos on YouTube.

Hard water area means you will need an RO with DI.

I started out with a backpack, 25L containers and my pole.

Are you after using wfp for windows you can't trad or whole houses ?
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go