Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

evil genius

domestic vs commercial pricing
« on: January 29, 2010, 04:29:42 pm »
afternooon peeps.

i currently only do domestic work but would like to expand a little into the commercial sector.
i currently work out my prices out by giving myself a hourly rate i want then access how long a job would take and work out from there.
 i was just wondering if you lot charge work on the same hourly rate for commercials as you do for domestic work.

im not looking anyone to give there prices away but do you as a like 25%etc on your rate for commercials or does it stay the same.

thanks a lot
ian
Stratford upon avon & Coventry pressure washing
www.mbsurfacecleaning.co.uk
www.mbuildsc.co.uk

matt

Re: domestic vs commercial pricing
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 04:33:18 pm »
you price what you want to earn

dont worry about others

if your round is full, you can afford to put in good prices, afterall you have enough work, anything else is just a bonus

Dennis Taylor

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 05:48:37 pm »
Commercial work is fools gold, at the first sign of someone that will do it a fiver cheaper your gone.
Residential customers stick with you because they know you, trust you and know you do a good job.

Don't put all your eggs in one basket, a lot of WCers i know lost out big time when the recession hit, it hardly affected the residential WCers.

just my thoughts

geoffreyspecht

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 10:05:15 pm »
u can make more money on commercial work

Sean Dyer

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 11:42:37 pm »
Commercial work is fools gold, at the first sign of someone that will do it a fiver cheaper your gone.
Residential customers stick with you because they know you, trust you and know you do a good job.

Don't put all your eggs in one basket, a lot of WCers i know lost out big time when the recession hit, it hardly affected the residential WCers.

just my thoughts

I dont mean to offend pal

but you are obviously speaking about other people not your own experience as i find that commercial is very very lucrative and wish  had more

recession or not commercial is better especially if you ar gonna employ for various reasons and 99% of the time  better money

Dennis Taylor

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 07:56:16 am »

just my thoughts

I dont mean to offend pal

but you are obviously speaking about other people not your own experience as i find that commercial is very very lucrative and wish  had more

recession or not commercial is better especially if you ar gonna employ for various reasons and 99% of the time  better money

I agree the money is better, there is just no loyalty and you can loose the job so easily

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 05:02:50 pm »
jus ask capitol north west did loads ov tescos every wk now only get done
every 3,mths doh
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 05:07:07 pm »
ive seen capitol at my local tescos.the guy cleaning inside was really high up the ladder with NO LADDERSTOPPER and no b.o.a.b.carrying tools up with him!i couldnt look! ::) ::)
price higher/work harder!

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 05:09:09 pm »
where u fr dazmond

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2010, 05:22:50 pm »
salford area.hows the wfpoling going lammy?you been out today?i have.ive still got another two weeks before i catch up with work from before xmas!slowly chipping away at it! ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2010, 06:49:09 pm »
getting better dazmond people i expected to hate it love it n vice versa
but finding 1st cleans r nightmare so jus tradding em as normal
then wfp nxt time to b honest i,m quick trad c wfp as extra tool
tbh glad iv got it though its hard work like last nite di s out
hose out wrapd pump up etc ,mither lol

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2010, 07:51:27 pm »
I think sometimes commercial work becomes so competetive that every one undercuts everyone else 'til the job's hardly worth having :-\.

In my opinion the main advantage of commercial work is that it's guaranteed income what ever the weather throws at you ;D.

Loyalty though is not something a lot of commercial customers know anything about >:(
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

matt

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2010, 11:17:26 pm »

Loyalty though is not something a lot of commercial customers know anything about >:(

your right

thats why when i get asked to price jobs, i price them well, cash in while you can

yes it pays more, yes it can be gone next week, enjoy it while you can