Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

C-N-C

whats the diffrence in resin types????
« on: January 27, 2010, 11:13:05 pm »
Hiya again guys ;)
Just a quick Q...well not so quick.... :-[
been buying resin for a long time now...anyone who's clued up..might be able to shed bit light on it :-[ & spent the time to help me out....please...

I buy resin of 1 supplyer cleanspot,never know wot resin it is no label on bag.....advitised as-25L
 Premium grade Virgin mixed bed DI resin   £61.50 exc vat

I was lookin about tonight........ and....... ,if you read this cleanspot,im still ya loyal customer...i love you...LOL....

WINTECS wot i was lookin at tonight had 3 choices resin,as follows
  Virgin DOWEX Ion Exchange Resin 25L MB50   £69.00 exc vat

WINTECS  Virgin PREMIUM Ion Exchange Resin 25L MB4   £64.00 exc vat

WINTECS  Virgin PUROLITE Ion Exchange Resin 25L MB400      £79.00 exc vat

Is the premium ion exc the same as clenspot's?????(sorry im thick)
I live in hartlepool & have verry hard water and my PPM from merlin is 27-35....think its close to 450 ish from tap before merlin....THATS HARD GUY'S...
I would spend the extra £'sss to get the right resin for me....
Can any one clued up with the resin and maybee wot would be my best choice...point me in the right direction....etc....
Please,any help will be much appreciated fella's

Kindest regards

Justin
Web link- www.clean-n-clearwindows.co.uk

wizard

Re: whats the diffrence in resin types????
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 11:56:11 pm »
Dowex and tullcan are the best =Last longer and cost a little more at time so look around. The other with out name a generic products. No always the best.Expires to quickly not good value to you. Bought in buck and packet by the supplier or ealse they would put a name in and were they get it from. I buy Tulcine from Filtration an line.The last time it was 64 95 a 25 kg bag a very good price.

C-N-C

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 11:18:45 am »
Dowex and tullcan are the best =Last longer and cost a little more at time so look around. The other with out name a generic products. No always the best.Expires to quickly not good value to you. Bought in buck and packet by the supplier or ealse they would put a name in and were they get it from. I buy Tulcine from Filtration an line.The last time it was 64 95 a 25 kg bag a very good price.
Hiya WIZARD.... ;)
Thanks for dat mate....ya sound man
Think im gunna pay the extra to get that lil bit extra and go for the dowex...
Resin is expensive for me as my ppm is high :'(
Plus hate changing it,takes ages man,LOL,iv got couple ov them blue 11.5 ltr, like fire ext type.
Anyway wizard big"THANK YOU" for your help dude,

Take care man
Justin ;)

Martin ccs

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 06:31:01 pm »
a great place for resin is DAQUA. tulsion resin is great and doug at DAQUA is a top bloke, always very helpful.

just google DAQUA mate. give them a ring and speak to doug.

the del is super fast to

C-N-C

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 09:32:37 pm »
Hiya craig21t
Thanks for that man...was gunna go for wintecs....same price on dowex,plus i need a couple of Alloy w/6mm hosetail Pole Connector,the ones with the sheild round..might as well get them all from there......
Thank you dude ;)
Take care man

Justin

C-N-C

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 09:37:28 pm »
a great place for resin is DAQUA. tulsion resin is great and doug at DAQUA is a top bloke, always very helpful.

just google DAQUA mate. give them a ring and speak to doug.

the del is super fast to
Hiya martin
Thanks for that dude,didnt see ya post at first man,
Will try them next time,but this time will order other stuff also with dowex

Take care fella
Justin ;)

Martin ccs

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 09:42:13 pm »
the tulsion resin lasts longer than the rest i think.

doug at daqua give me a few tips with resin, havent tryed it yet.

when the tds starts to creep up a little give the vessel a good shake to open new channels in the resin, or something like that anyway.

have a butchers on the site mate.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 09:50:18 pm »
just roll your di vessel around on the ground,has above post open new channels up.also if you got two vessel swap them around so you use the other one first. ;) ;)

C-N-C

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 07:41:06 pm »
hiya there martin & franky guy's ;)
Yeah right about rolling the resin about,i heard that a while ago....
Shuck it a bit,it took the tds back dow just a couple ov ppm,but wasnt long b4 it went back up....might not have shook it enough...it was heavy ;D
Might try rolling it around next time ;)
i had a di bottle in van & 1 in shed where my ibc is,and use to swap used old resin(always in shed) with new stuff,then put slightly used resin out ov van into shed to get full pottential from resin....
Didnt like throwing resin away just because its ppm is above window cleaning standards 8)
Always put used stuff in di in shed until totaly used up.....
But bought another van now & used di from shed to set my new system up in van.....just bought another di from simon funny ya should say that franky http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=88610.0......just waiting for it to arrive then gunna change old stuff but will roll bottle about....c wot happens....let ya know guy's ;)
Thanks for ya help fella's ;)
Take care & Kindest regards

Justin ;)

www.clean-n-clearwindows.co.uk