Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ringo1968

Is buying a round worth it ?
« on: January 29, 2010, 04:05:19 pm »
or simply canvassing on my own and trying to get my own customers ? I don't have enough money but an advert regularly appears in my area "Window Cleaner wanted £700 per week and rising, own transport" . This turns out to be a company offering rounds to buy and borrow money to do so. They offer to let you have a couple of days out with the lads to see how they work as well.  I don't know areas that need cleaners- is it just trial and error ? Thanks.

Gav Camm lammy 283

Re: Is buying a round worth it ?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 04:11:14 pm »
sounds like a round building comp
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

daz1977

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 04:18:06 pm »
so they get you a loan to pay for the round that they are selling?

Mike #1

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 04:29:30 pm »
best thing to do mate is if you know a window cleaner who you trust ask him if he is selling any work on thats what i did in the beginning then as i built my round up i sold on what i did'nt want

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 04:35:30 pm »
I don't think you can beat building up your own round, canvassing can be hard/frightning etc.. depending on how you view it,  but YOU get to meet your future customers, they get to see you and you also see the property and any pitfalls/problem windows.

many times i have been asked if i am doing the cleaning or am i local,  yes is my answer to both and i feel that if i was a canvasser i'd get a no.

It's all good experience for you dealing with custy's and getting the pricing right and what services you are going to offer them 4/8 week etc...

you will make the odd mistake but be better off for that experience

Darran

:)
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

paul rulton

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 05:03:04 pm »
do it urself m8, u get wot u want @ the price u want & it helps 2keep ur money in ur own pocet. only thing i would say is... put a 1st clean on ya price. its the worst 1 2do & u dont feel so put out if they cancell after the 1st clean. some do.... say if u think the job is worth £10 do the 1st clean @ £15. hope this helps m8. & good luck :D

jonnyald

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 05:49:00 pm »
or simply canvassing on my own and trying to get my own customers ? I don't have enough money but an advert regularly appears in my area "Window Cleaner wanted £700 per week and rising, own transport" . This turns out to be a company offering rounds to buy and borrow money to do so. They offer to let you have a couple of days out with the lads to see how they work as well.  I don't know areas that need cleaners- is it just trial and error ? Thanks.
  hi,i see that same advert in my local paper,with a london number if i rememberrightly - its some kindof con, i bet

paul rulton

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 05:57:03 pm »
me again, i know who that company is..... DO NOT USE THEM! U WILL LIVE 2REGRET IT.... please please trust me on this ;D