Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

idealrob

Re: ladders ok to use??????
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2010, 10:47:28 pm »
Ooooh, getting upset are you Matt,you carry on not answering any question. I am not getting involved in an argument and various comments going on forever.
end of discussion with people who cant answer in an adult manner
End of my input on this matter, could leave it with a throw away comment, but leave thast to the childish ones who swear

idealrob

gewindows

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2010, 10:50:44 pm »
Its quite obvious you are trolling Rob.

Trying to take the pi$$. I figured your initial posts were genuine, you fooled me it has to be said, I guess you havent got anything better to do.

Well, I wish you luck with your ventures, good luck my friend.

idealrob

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2010, 10:53:19 pm »
Thanks and all the best

idealrob

gary mallett

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2010, 11:09:13 pm »
i for one hope they dont ban em . i love driving past a ladder monkey and laughing at him.also like hearing the funny stories when one falls off. ;D ;D                                                                                                                                       you keep tradding we keep laughing ;) ;)

G Griffin

« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2010, 11:15:35 pm »
i for one hope they dont ban em . i love driving past a ladder monkey and laughing at him.also like hearing the funny stories when one falls off. ;D ;D                                                                                                                                       you keep tradding we keep laughing ;) ;)

:o A bit strong. Where do you get your kicks son....Casualty?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AuRavelling79

« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2010, 11:21:12 pm »

While I wouldn't put it quite so errrrm ... pointedly as gary "flying" mallett  :) - I do despair in this day and age when someone doesn't go wfp straightaway rather than go through all the angst of changing over later.

Besides safety which is paramount; my earnings have been transformed by going wfp and then honing that skill ... I truly wish others would do the same. When I see the proliferation of wet slippery decking I am even less inclined to ever use ladders again.

And I certainly don't laugh when I hear of a trad. guy falling - it seems to happen with a steady regularity - remember a few years back when we clubbed together to send a donation to the widow of a chap who fell?

And a mate of mine - two months ago fell and knackered his heels; still off work now. Brain the size of a planet, educated to degree level but wouldn't grasp how wfp would be far better for him...

Tragic.
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2010, 11:31:05 pm »
he haas got the right name mallett oh sorry timy mallet

gary mallett

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2010, 08:05:26 am »
timy ???

Pristine Clean

« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2010, 09:18:28 am »
I dont think they will ban ladders. The rumour of banning ladders been around for a long time.

As for WFP yes its great we have WFP but not every customer likes WFP. WFP is fine on commercial work.On residential it does not matter how you market WFP, some residential customers just do not like it.

Also I know of a shopping centre where WFP is actually banned as they do not want the walk ways left wet. So they have to use traditional.

Then its a case of either lose the work or use traditional methods.

Also no matter what system is in place there will always be a risk of some kind. Even with WFP there is a risk of trailing pipes, Water possible making the area slippery. the list goes on. Then ther is the argument of the amount of water being wasted with WFP.

With traditional there is not much water wasted.

Dave
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

SteveAllan

« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2010, 11:40:32 am »
At last, a sensible and objective view point  :)

dazmond

« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2010, 12:11:45 pm »
yes ladders are ok to use.im 100% trad but i use a ladderstopper and dont go up higher than firstfloor.any wet decking/gravel driveways etc i use my trad pole.ive also got ladder mitts.

i will be adding wfp later this year and i will be using it on all upstairs windows when possible.if there are any issues with the custy i will trad the downstairs windows.

ill always have a need for ladders but the risk will be drastically reduced.

up and over garage roofs to clean the back of certain properties if not in.

climbing over locked gates

very dirty first cleans
 esp if theirs paint/putty/pollen baked on the window!
gutter clearing
price higher/work harder!

duff

« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2010, 05:09:13 pm »
i did use ladders for 15 years until the 18.12,09 i fell broke my arm and my leg will not be going back to work for 6 months so i would say to you if you want to sit in a wheel chair for 6 weeks and not walk properly for along time then go and get a ladder

ftp

« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2010, 05:18:20 pm »
Where's your leg going to go when you are at work? Didn't understand quite  ???

dazmond

« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2010, 05:45:10 pm »
sorry to here that duff hope it heals soon so you can get back out there.ive also been cleaning trad for years(16!) and ive fell off twice!once about 14 years ago then again about 10 years ago.both times the ladder slipped right down the wall and i landed on my heels!hurt my back a bit with the shock up my spine but i was back working the next day!i was very lucky!

i use a rojak ladderstopper and use extension poles for dodgy windows now.im defo getting a van/wfp later this year after a lot of mulling over whether to or not i think its the way forward for all of us.

you will never eliminate all risk as you could trip over your hose and give yourself a nasty injury etc but i think there is less chance.just dont go getting a backpack and do your back in humping barrels about! ;D ;D

best wishes duff for a speedy recovery mate
regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!