Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Another Newbie
« on: January 26, 2010, 10:22:50 pm »
hi all

been on here for over a week now so thought it was time i introduced my self. Im a newbie to this trade and was suprised to see how friendly and helpfull you all seem to be. And would like to thank u all for the advice you put on here as it has helped me alot.

Like all other newbies, mostly been canvassing since i started last monday. got myself 15 customers with 2 shop fronts so far. must admit its harder to get new customers than i thought, but i think thats me being abit nieve.

Adam

jonnyald

Re: Another Newbie
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 10:35:14 pm »
15 in a week . in january ,the bleak time . thats VERY good going !   your on your way !

Sean Dyer

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 10:40:59 pm »
where you based pal?

put it in your profile you might get some local help then :)

good going with you canvassing, im gonna start again this week canvassing for extra work and that sounds good i thought it might be a struggle til spring - well done keep at it if you can build and work now you will be laughing come summer :)

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 10:57:17 pm »
hi Sean

Im from Birmingham. not noticed anybody on here from birmingham so far. as any help would be much apprieciated.

Canvassing not easy at this time a year, so i hope it gets better in the summer as im wanting to do this full time.

wezzy32

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 11:09:54 pm »
what part off brum u from?
keep on smiling

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 11:13:37 pm »
Hi Wezzy

Im from Erdington. Where in the West Midlands are you based?

wezzy32

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 11:17:54 pm »
only down the road m8 brownhills
keep on smiling

wizard

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 11:54:15 pm »
Keep up the great result. But if you have a bad week next week, you will see how well you have downthis past week. Just keep come back for more.

Mack's Window Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 04:54:02 am »
Hi, how much did you charge for the shop fronts? I'm a Newbie too in Essex, and wouldn't have a clue how to price up a commercial job compared to a residential, so any advice would be great.
Thanks, and good luck!
Ray

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 07:55:38 am »
15 in a week isn't bad in January.

Keep plugging, if you get another 10 next week then you have 25, and it keeps rolling. You will lose a couple of your new ones here and there, but it will grow if you keep going and working on it.
Go out every day and canvas
Whatever you do, don't sit back on your bum and wonder why nothings happening. It will only happen if you make it happen