Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

John_Russell

Bleach marks
« on: July 21, 2003, 02:05:16 am »
Hi there-

I've been asked to remove a stain from a carpet and I'm stuck! This has been caused by a bleach spillage on a light coloured carpet which has now turned brown. Any ideas?   ???

mike_gambon

Re: Bleach marks
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2003, 07:30:20 pm »
:'( Fraid you might B stuck with this - bleach is an oxidant - it probably isn't a stain you've got but bleached-out fibres = new carpet!!

Derek

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2003, 07:29:19 pm »
An alternative is to section the area i.e. cut out the bleach stain and insert a spare piece of carpet (assuming that there is some available)

Another alternative is to gently remove some tufts from the carpet at the edge of the room and use these to retuft

Hope this helps

Dynafoam

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 03:28:55 pm »
:'( Fraid you might B stuck with this - bleach is an oxidant - it probably isn't a stain you've got but bleached-out fibres = new carpet!!

Since when has chlorine been an oxidising agent??????

therapist

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2005, 03:39:17 pm »
It used to be possible, to buy a circular cutting device, for patching, similar to the hole cutter used on putting greens.

Someone might know if they're still available.

r m

Michel Roberts

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2005, 05:18:50 pm »
Yes cookie cutters are easy to buy from flooring wholesalers. I have two an Orcon  and a Roberts other makes are Crain,Wolf, and Gundlach

Bear in mind that are deseigned to be used from the back of the carpet and not through the face fibre as is generally practised.

As Derek has said either retuft if a small area or cut and plug (bonded insert) Carefully row cutting both the field and the plug will be more likely to produce a good match than using a cookie cutter from the top.

Michel

john rees

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2005, 07:12:11 pm »
extracta sell cookie cutters www.extracta.co.uk about £20
                                              john

john

Karl Wildey

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2005, 03:14:34 pm »
Still need spare carpet to use a cookie cutter and if the orginal bleach carpet is in a traffic area or sunlight damaged area, you have got further problems.

Some stains are impossible to remove.