Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Art

ANY ONE SELLING AN ECLIPSE OR SIMILAR
« on: June 15, 2005, 04:30:35 pm »
Anything considered as long as it's in good working condition

paul@ctcs

Re: ANY ONE SELLING AN ECLIPSE OR SIMILAR
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2005, 08:35:43 am »
123james,

As Eclipses are new to the UK you will strugle to find a2nd hand machine just yet, But they have sold well meaning Eclipse owners will have there old machines sitting redundant, I know there are a couple of guys both with alltec machines up for sale.

Paul

Art

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2005, 08:39:20 am »
Paul

Could you give me some contact details for these machines please

Art

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2005, 11:02:35 am »
Therapist,

The stop dreaming comment is interesting all i'm doing is asking peoples advice and looking at possibilites as i haven't got a clue about carpet cleaning machines.
Now i would say that's a sensible approach as i doubt very much if anyone would go out and buy a machine without doing a little research first. I'm really greatful for everyones help and hopefully eventually when i gain more experience i'll be able to help other newbies. Also i'd like to thank you for the pm you sent me. But i'm only looking at spending about £400-£500 tops. Hope you can appreciate that after all my set up costs i've got to restrict my spending as much as possible and being scottish like yourself you know we hate spending money   :)

Gavin Reardon

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2005, 12:13:09 pm »
Hi 123James

On my dinner break so have to be quick just for you to have an idea the cost of a Eclipse new is £3300 plus vat  ;)

Regards Gavin
Gavin Reardon IICRC / NCCA

www.ace-cleaning.co.uk

Art

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2005, 12:28:39 pm »
Thanks for the info gavin looks like i'll have to keep looking or else wait til i make a bit more money

mark_roberts

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2005, 04:18:30 pm »
Did  I read that right?  You only have £500 to set up a business??

If so then you need to get real.  Theres lots of costs in starting up a business even if your just working from the back of a car.  If your serious about running your own business regardless of what it is then you really need to sit down and develop a plan and then look at sources of finance to fund it.

If your start right you will have more of a chance of success.

Mark

Art

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2005, 04:46:22 pm »
I've already set up but as i've had to  turn down carpet cleaning work on end of tenancy cleans i was looking for a c/c machine in that price range.

Dave_Lee

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2005, 05:28:49 pm »
Unless you were really lucky for £500 all you would get, an old battered machine with a pump and vac motor that are almost due for renewal.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Art

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2005, 05:31:43 pm »
Appreciate your opinion dave. The therapist has offered me a decent deal

Len Gribble

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2005, 07:40:51 pm »
Arthur

I take it R M sent a pm as neither of you show e-mail addresses make hay while it lasts! ;D

Already suggested what to do Sub it!

What Dave said dose make sense!

Robert

Are you on a wind up! Most if not all bank managers I’ve work with come from north of the border and not west of me! ;D

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2005, 08:47:44 pm »
i agree with the therapist. peace ron
listen,learn.and benefit. try. reward.and love, peace harmony.feng shui. and all that. it improves ones selling .to ones customers.reap THE HARVEST WHILST YOU CAN. and try to crush the opposition.

Len Gribble

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2005, 09:20:22 pm »
Robert

Yes sad but give the taffy there due they did have one PM.  Celtic thought you came from the Pitts! ;D

I’m a Heinz fifty-seven gave up looking! Everywhere and nowhere baby! But believe Anglo Saxon England via pasty country!

English heritage what do they know!

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2005, 02:06:31 am »
Why not phone one of the banks and get a loan for some good second hand kit and some money to invest in two months of leafting, plus some training if you have not done it.

If you believe in this business and yourself you will get a quick return, if you do not work to recover your loan money you should be able to service the debt with one or two jobs a month.