Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lee_gundry

alergy stop question
« on: June 14, 2005, 04:15:35 pm »
once the carpet has been treated for alergy stop how long does the inital  treatment last .

does the product remove viruses,eg E_coli,salmonella

How does it compair to Allerx -Allergen- treatment.

Lee G
cumbria

Re: alergy stop question
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 05:04:41 pm »
Lee,
The cleaning of carpets should be done twice a year for the full benefit to the sufferer. Intermediate relief is possible with Room Spray sprayed daily for full benefit. Dependant on the severity of the problem, people will spray or clean as and when the begin to feel a reaction.

Test are ongoing at the moment but already AllergSTOP cleans beyond MRSA levels.

Cannot compare with AllerX because i have never heard of it. Apparently been around since 1992 but i have never come across it before, does that mean that it is not performing as well as AllergSTOP. Everybody is hearing about our product and many older lesser products will see a revival on the back of it. Afraid that many people who cannot get to AllergSTOP through access or cost, will likely turn to lesser known brands much as the people who could not afford or get access to Scotchgard have done in the past. How many times have i been to clean items that are supposed to be Scotchgarded, only to find that they have been treated with something entirely different that has not worked long term.
The only thing i can say is that i would not wish to introduce a chemical into a household that may have an adverse reaction. I see that the website states these adverse reactions are rare but AllergSTOP has been tested up to 5 times strength and caused no reaction at all. I am brought in to alleviate not aggrevate the health of the householder. It appears that AllerX cannot deal with the 4 main areas that AllergSTOP can and the prices on the website appear to be quite high in comparison.
Wish you well with the venture, as i see you regard it as No 1.

Matt Read

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 05:24:05 pm »
do you use allerx lee ? or is that the venture chris is referring to ? i haven't heard of allerx either so would be good to find out more from someone who uses it...i don't currently subscribe to allergy treatments but am keeping an open mind.
Matt

Gavin Reardon

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 06:04:05 pm »
Matt

Look under Lee's Name and logo area that is were he is making false claims about Allerx  :o
Gavin Reardon IICRC / NCCA

www.ace-cleaning.co.uk

lee_gundry

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 08:13:43 pm »
chris

what are the 4 areas that allerx cannot deal with.

matt
no i don,t use allerx,just  intrested in promoting the healty home side if things.So i am trying to make up my mind for the best product.

gavin
i am not making false claims,just stating what it says on my allerx infomation pack.

so does anyone know how long the initial treatment of allergstop will last.

Lee G

reason i ask is that allerx stays active on the surface ,detoxifying allergens for months.
cumbria

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 08:20:34 pm »
Lee,
As the first part of my reply indicates cleaning twice a year that would equal 6 months!!! as per your question.

Only saw reference to Dust mite and Animal hair on the AllerX website...............thats only 2 of the allergens that AllergSTOP eliminates. AllerX seem to do a number of chemicals that cater for different allergens, as oppose to THE one. Still concerned at the 'rare' word regarding adverse reactions..............should read NONE as AllergSTOP does.

Might be wise to question why a product that has been on the market since 1992 has made such little impact, no one i have spoken to today has come across it before. Ask around and see if anyone in the trade has heard of AllergSTOP  ;D
I have only ever come across ProMite before and you would be surprised how many CCs have moved from that to AllergSTOP  ::)

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2005, 08:51:39 pm »
Hi Guys

Tanic acid has been used in treating dust mite etc for around 30 years, whilst it does have some limited effect, I can see nothing new in this product.

But then I would say that wouldn't I!

Best regards Nick