Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Whos got the best video
« on: December 14, 2009, 04:32:26 pm »
Just browsing the site after viewing Mikes  excellent video,and Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus) is very good.
Has anyone else viewed or produced one to the high standard of theirs.

gwrightson

Re: Whos got the best video
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 05:25:59 pm »

I think Mikes, and Steves are both excellent, but not a patch on mine,

;D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Li6vklePQM

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 05:28:29 pm »
Geoff

Where can I get Wonder Foam?  :D

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 07:30:28 pm »
Where can I get Wonder Foam?  :D

If you really want it go to your nearest Large Sunday market, I'm sure I've seen it demonstrated in the last 2 or 3 years at Blackbush near Camberley.
I had considered getting into a professional arguement with the seller but thought what's the point, the mugs buying it will soon enough call us when they find it doesn't work quite like it was demonstrated. ;D

Joe H

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 07:32:50 pm »
It was on either QVC or Ideal World last week sometime.

JandS

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 07:38:06 pm »
Don't forget the handle isn't included  ;D

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

gwrightson

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 07:49:52 pm »
Neil.

I have actually had a disscusion with one of these demo traders as they are known.

I asked him allowed if it was a polyprop carpet he was cleaning, Hiis reply was " yes only the best carpet is beeen used " ;D I said I doubt it would have that effect on a wool carpet, where the soiling has been in for a while, his reaction was basicly what the F**k do you know ::)

All of this infront of a number of gullable people, didnt want to get into an argument so left quietly :)

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 08:49:32 pm »
Neil.

I have actually had a disscusion with one of these demo traders as they are known.

I asked him allowed if it was a polyprop carpet he was cleaning, Hiis reply was " yes only the best carpet is beeen used " ;D I said I doubt it would have that effect on a wool carpet, where the soiling has been in for a while, his reaction was basicly what the F**k do you know ::)

All of this infront of a number of gullable people, didnt want to get into an argument so left quietly :)

geoff

haha good one! :) i hate those adverts on the tv for them.

But what really p's me off are those Ideal World tw*ts that try and sell the Bissel machines and the steamers! GRRRR A wee yellow thing that blows steam to clean your carpets!!! WTF 
Specialy that BIG woman with the brummy accent! so annoying!

Joe H

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 08:59:15 pm »
tony20

what is it that the woman with the brummy accent puts on the carpet to make them look dirty that cleans off so easy - making the bissell look a wonderful machine.
Its a con and annoys me.
Do you know what it could be?

Colin Day

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2009, 09:08:23 pm »
I've seen the damage the steam cleaner does to a carpet.... A new custy got me in to rectify his mistake and I was met with loads of severe browning stains from the jute. I shook my head in disbelief and his wife was saying how tight he was and wouldn't get me in at first.... They were millionaires too ???

I told him that all those steaming machines were good for was opening other people's mail :D

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2009, 09:17:35 pm »
Joe

Yeah, i think its mainly Coka Cola. But its just freshly thrown on, then she quickly sucks it up with the bissel.

I've also seen her make up a big mixture on the carpet with things like raw eggs, wiped cream, cola, orange juice etc etc but again this is just sucked up soon after she lays it on. And the carpets are polyprops.

Its all a con really. But i can see why a viewer (with no carpet cleaning knowledge) could be taken in by it all.

Tony