Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: Route planning
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2009, 08:14:19 am »
I remember trevor knight giving me a lecture on this after he had gotten service ceo, i notice now though that he does a plug on wcp site, so for all his big talk telling me how little i knew in being so impressed with george it turns out that he must have wasted the £1500 it cost him.

I have this, but with one van not to the same degree.The easiest maths answer is to seperated the rounds area1, area 2, etc, and then develope these rounds into runs that make sence. You will end up with lots os different bits of paper but the programme will do most of the work and you will just have to assign it to a route.

Quite an interesting subject in an academic sense, and there may be someone (uni etc) interested in solving it because of the huge commercial applications.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2009, 09:31:57 am »
Dai

I do have rounds and a lot of them overlap, on certain days i will send the van so far, turn right then follow a route back, depending on how long I think the work will take, on the next day, the next driver might go the same direction slighly North then loop around the top of where the other driver got to, turn left and follow another route back, most days my vans are doing 100 - 180 miles and missing a town is a pain,

I have to set off in a while to cover a job which got missed last week and needs doing, it is 50 miles away, only a 10 min job, Saving grace is i hve about 6 small shops on the way back

bluez

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2009, 12:44:27 pm »
I have similar and it is a bit of a nightmare co-ordinating it but this is what I do.

1. Create a work sheet for each job
2. devide them into the regions / vans areas
3. devide them into the days on which they are due
4. recieve back signed worksheets

I only think weekly as to think too far ahead tends to get me really muddled. My drivers are alway trying to anticipate their work and it is difficult to get them to think of the work based on what worksheets the are given rather than whats a weekly job and what a monthly job.

Although these contracts are varying frequency I always look at the week as a single period of work.

I have looked into service ceo and it looks like a decent bit of kit but I am abit afraid of the disruption that will be involved in the change over.
hi

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2009, 02:31:23 pm »
Sub all the work that is more than 1hr drive from base
Spit and polish

Tom Mac

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2009, 02:59:17 pm »
Try autoroute. You can add all the postcodes. A start point and an end point, then ask the system to optimise the route.

Tom Mac

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2009, 03:00:53 pm »
Looks like microsoft autoroue has a 60 day trial on right now

Helen

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2009, 05:04:24 pm »
Looks like microsoft autoroue has a 60 day trial on right now
Have used this  for route scheduling for years. Remember thought that you will have to set the average speeds and whether you require motorway routes or back road routes :)

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2009, 06:54:16 pm »
He didn't ask for directions round cornwall, he asked how to assign the jobs and plan the routes this implied in a logical way without taking up too much time.
Again, numbers on the map corresponding to areas, and areas corresponding to work sheets, probably higher nos as you get further out.Pair of scissors and sellotape to give the work out.

dai

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2009, 03:05:23 pm »
Dave, the local delivery firms must have the software to do this, do you know any of the drivers?
Maybe you could contact one and ask them to run your round though their software.
A brown envelope with a few crisp £20 notes is always welcome at this time of year.