Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wezzy32

prices going up
« on: December 05, 2009, 02:27:18 pm »
im buying a round and the prices are from the 90's like a 3 bed semi tops only have to climb over garage todo backs and the price is 2 quid.another 1 just fronts leaded 6 windows and 2 doors(porches) as its a 2 three bed semis nocked into 1 price 5 quid.these 2 are dun every 2 weeks as there is a lot at very low prices but dun every 2 weeks im taking it over on jan 1st. doing the hand over this month theres about 700 quid worth off work.so wen do u think would be the correct time to put up the prices i was going to do jan then giv them all a letter last clean in jan telling them as from 1st feb there will be a price increase off xxx.do think this would be the correct way about it.
keep on smiling

daz1977

Re: prices going up
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 02:33:35 pm »
thats cheap,  just explain to them face to face, it will take longer but i think its betterm than some new wc takes over and prices fly up, i would wait till collecting payment on 2 clean to tell them price is going up,

where is this round, i hope you didnt pay a lot for it, is there many house on this round

Mist A Bit

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 02:38:27 pm »
i would put up the prices every april. but go for a bigger increase this april coming, aim for an average of £1 per window

wezzy32

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 02:50:07 pm »
thats cheap,  just explain to them face to face, it will take longer but i think its betterm than some new wc takes over and prices fly up, i would wait till collecting payment on 2 clean to tell them price is going up,

where is this round, i hope you didnt pay a lot for it, is there many house on this round
[/quote

i paid 2 cleans for it and theres about 120 houses on it,area wednesfield and willenhall westmidlands.
keep on smiling

daz1977

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 02:54:28 pm »
good to hear, so pricing it right you could get your money back straight away, the average seems to be a £1 a window so i would go for that

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 03:07:32 pm »
im buying a round and the prices are from the 90's like a 3 bed semi tops only have to climb over garage todo backs and the price is 2 quid.another 1 just fronts leaded 6 windows and 2 doors(porches) as its a 2 three bed semis nocked into 1 price 5 quid.these 2 are dun every 2 weeks as there is a lot at very low prices but dun every 2 weeks im taking it over on jan 1st. doing the hand over this month theres about 700 quid worth off work.so wen do u think would be the correct time to put up the prices i was going to do jan then giv them all a letter last clean in jan telling them as from 1st feb there will be a price increase off xxx.do think this would be the correct way about it.

It is very easy to be "busy fools" in this game and I reckon those prices are nothing short of ridiculous. They are so bad that you might as well go for a hike to sensible prices in one fell swoop. Maybe offer them monthly?

It's a game of three halves!

wezzy32

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 03:09:45 pm »
i thought that but that may put them off having them dun every 2 weeks but if i double there prices at least if they have them dun every 4 weeks i will not loose out.so shud i go for feb the first?at least do i month at the old price?
keep on smiling

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 03:11:00 pm »
I have to say I agree wholeheartedly with Malc, those are not '90s prices, they are 80s prices.

What sort of money are you paying for this? Honestly mate, I think youd be better off go out do some knocking and do not be a busy fool (also in this instance a busy poor fool).

Thats less than the minimum wage by a long way.

wezzy32

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2009, 03:11:54 pm »
2 cleans
keep on smiling

windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2009, 03:29:03 pm »
If you put prices up as soon as you buy a round , I think you will lo se most of them.

For instance if local pub was taken over and new landlord put up the beer prices, I for one would go drink somewhere else.

Hope you can see what I am getting at, seriously think about before you buy a window round that has basement prices
Darren
---THE BEST YOU CAN GET---
www.windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

wezzy32

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2009, 03:35:14 pm »
i could also do 2 months then put up prices as then i may pik up extra calls and iv got my money bk as if i did loose them when they  ask sum 1 else todo them they will know my prices perhaps not that bad.
on another note i got a call from 1 off the calls son-in law who lives sum were else in a new house so i priced the job up (wfp) first clean 15 quid then 9 after that put card through door and phoned them 2day about wen they wanted them doinganswer was i thought it was a bit dear as my mother inlaw only pays 3.50 as i said them prices havnt gon up for 10yrs
keep on smiling

Window Washers

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2009, 03:43:03 pm »
I would be upfront with these people and put up the prices from when you take it over, or after christmas, same price so they can test you out for one clean first, you will lose a few because of price hike but at the same time they maybe expecting it. £2 for any single job has got to be a joke.

Good for you for pressing on, you could well have a little gold mine there, worse case you will lost a few quid.

Ian

If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

daz1977

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2009, 04:10:31 pm »
u will always get people who know some one who gets there windows cleaned for a £3.50,  i just say ok and walk away,

people think that they should pay wc 2-4 a house and you should be grateful for that, 

when i was a plumber i use to charge £50 to swap a shower over, most say ok, some would say thats expensive, then try and do it them selves,  use to make more on the fixing of the job, than i would of made on the job in the first place

Scrimble

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2009, 05:11:22 pm »
i wouldnt buy a round with prices that cheap

wezzy32

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2009, 05:15:39 pm »
allways like taking a bit off a chance so i think i will put prices up from march first so at least iv got me money bk then not to bad if i loose a few after price goes up i think im going todo a letter were it leaves a gap were price is and just fill it in for every house.then it may just turn out to be once a month instead off every 2 weeks.
doing another 3 days next week on round so see how these are priced.
keep on smiling

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2009, 05:25:15 pm »
I dont want to offend anyone here, and apologise upfront in case I do.

But I think you are making a big mistake buying this work mate. I think you'll end having worked your nuts off for very very little in return. As a business move its a very poor one indeed. If you are going to buy something why dont you at least buy a half decent round with some mileage and value.  There is NO value in this work. What you are actually buying here is a useless round, with plenty of aggro, hard work for nothing or very little in return, a demoralising and depressing situation that you'll have landed up in. And you are paying for that privelige?

Buy a good round that starts to earn you money and a living. This round is dead, dont bother with mouth to mouth, its deceased mate. Your wasting your money.

As for taking a chance with this work. You're not taking any chances here, you simply being offered a whole heap of trouble, guaranteed.

As I said before I hope it doesnt offend you, but that is how I see it.

Matt

AuRavelling79

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2009, 05:29:51 pm »
Ok ... assuming you're not on Teeside and everyone is losing their jobs at the local steel works this is a suggestion for you. Amend bits in red to suit ;D.

Dear Mrs Newcusty,

As you know Raggitt and Runn windie cleaning have given up their round in your area and I am available to take over the work. Speaking to Roger (Raggitt) I understand his rates have not gone up since World War One and I feel I must address this issue to make the round viable.

Therefore the new rate for your property as of March 1st 2010 will be £XXX so as to reflect what I am sure you will agree is a fair and sensible price.

I am also offering the opportunity to change from fortnightly (luddite oop North if'twer good enuff fer my granddad then it's good enuff for me  ;D) to four weekly at an extra £XXX if you prefer.

When I call perhaps you can let me know whether you want fortnightly or monthly cleaning from now on.

Yours most sincerely, I remain

Your most humble servant,

Wezzy 32

It's a game of three halves!

wezzy32

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2009, 06:00:51 pm »
thanks for that i think i mite just use it as it is m8 as it made me smile  ;D ;D
keep on smiling

Window Washers

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2009, 06:05:00 pm »
Could you not double prices and a bit and just give 4 weekly. if you keep half you will have the same, its hard to see unless you see the round and what can be done with it.

How do these people pay ?
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

wezzy32

Re: prices going up New
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2009, 06:46:21 pm »
Could you not double prices and a bit and just give 4 weekly. if you keep half you will have the same, its hard to see unless you see the round and what can be done with it.
I THOUGHT THAT ASWELL

How do these people pay ?   CASH
I AM WORKING THE ROUND WITH THE CHAP AT THE MOMENT AND AFTER THE FIRST DAY I SAID THESE HAV GOTO GO UP.AS HE ONLY DOES IT PART TIME SO HE NOT THAT BOTHERD ABOUT PUTING THEM UP FOR THE LAST 2YRS
.REALY I HAVE A FEW CHOICES. BUT I THINK IM GOING TO GO WITH 2 CLEANS GET ME MONEY BK AND THEN PUT PRICES UP ON THE FIRST OF MARCH.WITH NOTICE AT THE BEGINING OFF FEB THEN ITS THERE CHOICE.BUT A LEAST IL HAV ME MONEY BK AND I MAY LOOSE A FEW.BUT IT GIVES ME A COUPLE OFF MONTHS IN THE AREA TO PIK A FEW UP ASWELL (I HOPE)..
keep on smiling