Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

daz1977

how to grow
« on: December 05, 2009, 04:16:14 pm »
how do you becaome a bigger company

do u price everything going cheap so that you get it and then have loads of work not really making a lot of money and try and get every contract going, or do you just price properly and just grow slowly

i was just wondering what other people views on this would be, as best way to grow a business

ps i have not having a go at any bodys way of running there busiess,

wfp master

Re: how to grow
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 04:19:32 pm »
stand in a grow bag  ;D ;D ;D

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 04:28:48 pm »
stay trad,get rid of the car/van/wfp thingys,get a wooden cart/ladders,throw ur squeegy away and get a shammy!THE BEST BUSINESS DECISION I EVER MADE!and ive grown spiritually as ive gone back in time to the dawn of window cleaning!!i also use a pale not a new fangled plastic oblong thing.flat cap,tweed jacket.i look the business!!get plenty of new work as i STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD!! ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

Window Washers

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 04:33:15 pm »
stay trad,get rid of the car/van/wfp thingys,get a wooden cart/ladders,throw ur squeegy away and get a shammy!THE BEST BUSINESS DECISION I EVER MADE!and ive grown spiritually as ive gone back in time to the dawn of window cleaning!!i also use a pale not a new fangled plastic oblong thing.flat cap,tweed jacket.i look the business!!get plenty of new work as i STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD!! ;D ;D
You been getting lessons from Stan ?
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 04:34:27 pm »
Price fair, do what you promise and the rest will follow

macmac

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 04:35:44 pm »
Price well, don't under-sell your services, grow your profit, don't become a busy fool. ;)

Window Washers

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 04:42:09 pm »
Price fair, do what you promise and the rest will follow
Chairle your not going to start doing fairs aswell are you ?  ;D
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 04:45:58 pm »
Ha ha if it pays the bills, did you get my email about the hotel sites

Window Washers

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2009, 05:56:56 pm »
Ha ha if it pays the bills, did you get my email about the hotel sites
I did yes, Hope all goes well  ;D, I will send the Lady A christmas card.

The other job talked about has now gone was only small so not worth talking with you about, but I may have some more bigger stuff coming in early next year.

Ian

wightsurf

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2009, 06:36:33 pm »
What do you want , is the Question.
If you want to grow look at what space you have and fill the gaps.
me i have lots of hotels in the summer and they finish about the end of oct. This suits me as i wouldn't get my domestics done in the winter due to short hours.
Schools is another good one to go for. I clean 5, mainly 1 offs in the school holidays. I work this around my normal round , sort of bonus work.

I have filled my books up to the ponit i now have to have extra help to get the work done.I subby another window cleaner for some other comercials i have and this has worked fine for 3-4 yrs. He's a good mate which helps.
if i see a building that i think would suit my needs i approach them directly
they can only say No.

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2009, 06:45:19 pm »
I think business growth is best achieved like an oak tree, slow and steady this will result in a very firm structure. If it is fast and erratic you may find that all you end up doing is being as has been said a busy fool.

I would trat every job like they are individual and that if they end up being the only one on the street you would still go.

Pricing should be high and the service you give should be 1st class. If they never have reason to complain they will recommend you to their friends.

wightsurf

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2009, 07:35:58 pm »
I dont think pricing has to be high, It should be a fair price . the price that suits you and is attractive to the customer. If the jobs are done well ,on fair pricing you are very unlucky to lose them.

martinsadie

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2009, 07:43:24 pm »
do you want some as well Ian  ;D ;D

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2009, 07:49:08 pm »
I can only speak for myself but I think high prices can still be fair IF you offer good value for that high price. I can charge twice the rate of other cleaners in my area and still not loose any customers to numerous canvassers no matter what their price. In fact I have taught my customers to only ever want me to clean their windows. Its not the value I put on their custom that is important, rather it is the value THEY place on it that is important.

matt

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2009, 09:31:33 pm »
when you get to a stage where you are full, i can only see 1 outcome, price well ;) you dont need the work ( your full ) whack in a good price and reap the rewards

Window Washers

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2009, 09:35:10 pm »
do you want some as well Ian  ;D ;D
Thanks for the offer Stan, but if it's all the same I think I will stick to my plans  ;D