Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jays Window Cleaning

Pressure swith on or off ????
« on: December 04, 2009, 11:40:56 am »
Hi guys , wondered if anyone can help me with this. Should the pressure swith be un wired when using a varistream controller? I have been told by one person it should and another it shouldnt. Also my varistream has now started to not shut the pump off so when i connect the battery the varistream is off but the pump comes on once turning the varistream back on i can regulate the pressure. But when varistream swicthed back off pump still runs. Is the varistream now faulty? or is there a simply solution to sort it.

Thank you

jay

clean

Re: Pressure swith on or off ????
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 11:43:05 am »
How is it wired at the moment?

Jays Window Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 11:47:54 am »
pressure switch unwired red and black wire connected to pump wire to varistream. With the instructions that came with my varistream and shurflo 5l pump it stated as an important that the pressure switch must be unwired. Then i look on other sites that sell the same pump and varistream package and they state do not dis connect pressure switch.

thanks for quick reply

jay

clean

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 11:52:01 am »
Well you have it wired right,but as far as the pump still running when your varistreams is off is a puzzler,
only thing i can suggest is ring williamson pumps who make the varistreams they are usually very helpful

Jays Window Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 11:55:25 am »
ok will do i it has puzzled me big time.

Thank you for the help

jay

GWCS

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 04:00:01 pm »
some pumps require the pressure switch with the varistream.

others do not require it.

Its also depends on the type of varistream you have.

very confusing - double check with the manufacturers.

I bought mine from williamsons pumps as a bundle package so obviously the pump with pressure switch is supposed to work with the varistream.

dai

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 06:02:47 pm »
I bought my Veristream from William's and the instructions said that the pressure switch must be disconnected. and there is a good reason for this, the veristream takes over from the pressure switch, and allows you to select your preferred cut off point. If you want 100psi belting out all the time, then fine, leave it on, but if you want total control over your working pressure disconnect it, this will allow you to select anything between next to zero, right up to 130  psi on maximum, and it doesn't matter if your pump was originally 60 or 100 psi, once the pressure switch is disconnected.
I hate working with too much pressure, it puts a strain on all the connectors  the pump starts shunting, and the hose starts bulging. Around 40psi is fine for me, the surflow backpack is only 35psi and still gets the job done.