Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Michel Roberts

Decline of Laminates Part 2
« on: June 09, 2005, 09:44:31 pm »
Last month I posted regarding some articles in the april edition of the contract flooring journal which reported the liquidation of a laminate retailer and falling sales of laminate at B&Q.

Just to update you in the June edition of thr CFJ which I am Just reading is another report of a laminate retailer in trouble.

This time it's Larry's Laminate Land, a Scottish budget flooring chain which has gone into recivership.

I wonder if any of the Scottish carpet cleaners have heard of this chain.
How many branches ect

Regards Michel

Adrian Makel

Re: Decline of Laminates Part 2
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 01:41:51 pm »
i believe laminate was only ever going to be a fad.basically it is just not practical,easy to keep clean yes.but slippery,no good for young children crawling,the elderly don`t like it,and half of it moves all over the place as you walk on it.Good old carpet,you can`t beat it. ;D

Len Gribble

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 07:28:06 pm »
Michel

Only a fad also you got what you paid for (most if not all what you brought from the sheds are of cheap manufacture it the DIY market)

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

therapist

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2005, 03:21:22 pm »
Hadn't heard about LARRY'S going bust. Very high profile with constant radio advertising on the major locals up here.

What I have noticed in B @ Q, unfortunately, is a new ' real wood ' product, which will definately sell

What's needed, is the current TV people to start using carpets.

Maybe some of you guys with the knowledge, of the latest technology, might contact them, with a view to informing them, of the potential damage, being caused to the nations health.

r m