Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mark dew

Re: tips on keeping my hands warm
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2009, 10:33:55 pm »
I have heard of an exercise the army do(not sure which army....possibly the salvation one  :P) But apparently over a period of time you condition your hands to the cold putting them in cold water for set periods of time,I am sure if you google it there will be some info,

That tip will come in handy if we ever need to rebuild civilisation, but as long as you've got no leaks, a simple pair of woollen gloves does fine.  :)
I used to get drips come down the pole that got my hands wet. But putting 2 elastic bands around the pole at a few inches interval catches any drips before they reach my hands.

Murdie window cleaning

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2009, 10:35:31 pm »
I have heard of an exercise the army do(not sure which army....possibly the salvation one  :P) But apparently over a period of time you condition your hands to the cold putting them in cold water for set periods of time,I am sure if you google it there will be some info,

Correct  ;)

That would explain how they manage to play there tamborines on cold and frosty Sunday mornings when most people are trying to sleep

jezzie

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2009, 10:38:00 pm »
http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/544394/altura-cresta-waterproof-winter-cyc

What about these for the value, lightweight, waterproof, grip.

Note xxl only

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2009, 10:55:17 pm »

finding it quite difficult to hold my pole with them constatly tucked in my boxers

Theres a joke there you little winker.

traps7

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2009, 11:13:18 pm »

That tip will come in handy if we ever need to rebuild civilisation, but as long as you've got no leaks, a simple pair of woollen gloves does fine.  :)
I used to get drips come down the pole that got my hands wet. But putting 2 elastic bands around the pole at a few inches interval catches any drips before they reach my hands.

I'm gonna try that.

Ta-ra

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2009, 11:27:22 pm »
Try putting them on the engine manifold for a few seconds at a time.  :P

Or wear a pair of silks gloves underneath your regular ones.

stephen s

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2009, 01:59:39 am »
any tips on keeping my hands warm in this weather
finding it quite difficult to hold my pole with them constatly tucked in my boxers

thats where I keep my big pole    in my boxers  ;D

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2009, 06:17:46 am »
My mate keeps his hands warm by taking his girlfriend to work.... ;D

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2009, 07:44:59 am »
magic gloves under a pair of extra strong latex....great grip, snug and warm and totally waterproof ;)

rg1

The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

stevieg

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2009, 04:41:17 pm »
Hi I have tried gloves in the past.Not for traditional as i dont have any problems in that case.
Where i do have issues with the cold is using poles.Keeping your hands in one position for any amount of time is when your hands get really bad.As i said i have tried gloves and obviously they need to be waterproof!!!so really the only gloves have to be rubber.The only trouble is that i have not found a pair of gloves that are truly waterproof and with alining to keep hands warm.Do you know of any different?

G Griffin

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2009, 08:56:53 am »
magic gloves under a pair of extra strong latex....great grip, snug and warm and totally waterproof ;)
True and if you don`t like them you`ve wasted less than £3  ::).
  Unlike a lot of the other gloves available.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Ta-ra

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2009, 09:02:54 am »
Told you, tosh.