Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Rcs

Cleaning thro window bars
« on: December 02, 2009, 08:06:28 pm »
A friend of mine has started  a window cleaning side to a small property management business in Spain he uses a trolley wfp system and tradional methods
but his having problems finding a way of cleaning thro the security grilles is  there a brush on the market to fit his wfp about 3 to 4 inches wide to pass thro the grilles as some of his windows are hard to get at and in awkward places proving a bit risky using traditional
any ideas

Jays Window Cleaning

Re: Cleaning thro window bars
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 09:45:18 pm »
Make a brush quite simply to do. Find a brush the right size ( plastic broom brush) drill out two holes for the jets ,  connect them with pole hose same as your other brush . thread onto angle adaptor. job done. I have the same problem with some flats i do. So gonna make one up hope this helps.

jay 

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 09:50:07 pm »
Cut down bentley brush ? Just add your own jets, cheap as chips.

Could buy a few and have various sizes then
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Rcs

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 09:52:19 pm »
Cheers
I know his trying to build one just like you said
I'm surprised no company had made something already as this must be a common problem

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 09:57:03 pm »
I've got jobs with bars, but hasn't been a problem as I can angle a standard 10" vikan behind the bars.

A standard kitchen floor brush would be fine, though you would need to make space for the jets.

I think there is such a small market for a brush of that size, that it wouldn't be worth it to produce one specifically for our line of work. If they did you would be looking at a stupidly high price.
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

dai

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 10:22:23 pm »
The superlte brush with a swivel is perfect, being doing them all day.

JSMC

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 10:27:06 pm »
what kin dof swivel and where from?

mark dew

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 01:24:41 am »
Cheers
I know his trying to build one just like you said
I'm surprised no company had made something already as this must be a common problem

This goes through the grills on my round.
http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Premium_Super-Lite_brushes.html

STEVE-UK

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2009, 08:01:39 am »
ionics do the 'side winder' designed especially for this

http://www.ionicsystems.ca/shop/product_info.php?products_id=298

Xline Systems

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2009, 01:49:39 pm »
we have small vikan brushes about 5inch long. perfect for grills and bars

Rcs

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2009, 02:12:47 pm »
how much inc postage to uk address for a small vikan

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2009, 02:39:56 pm »
I have two plastic angle adapters joined together to give a longer reach.  If you place the brush in front of the gap you need to get through, then twist your pole through 90 degrees so the brush is lined up with the gap, you can insert the brush through the gap, twist it back to the normal position and away you go.  If you walk sideways the brush will move in the opposite direction and give you a fairly wide sweep so you should only need to move to a new position once to cover the average window.

dave27

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2009, 04:33:29 pm »
Vikan make a 8" Swivel Brush. Try Gardiners.

Spruce

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2009, 09:21:07 pm »
I've got jobs with bars, but hasn't been a problem as I can angle a standard 10" vikan behind the bars.

A standard kitchen floor brush would be fine, though you would need to make space for the jets.

I think there is such a small market for a brush of that size, that it wouldn't be worth it to produce one specifically for our line of work. If they did you would be looking at a stupidly high price.

I agree that the Vikan is well suited for this. I find its the only brush I have found that doesn't need an angle attachment. I use an unger ali pole for this job and a Vikan to Unger straight adaptor. I use the ali pole as I don't want to damage my carbon fibre ones on the steel grilles. Trouble is that the combination is so heavy when trying to guide it into the grilles of balconies on the second floor.
Have never tried the superlights.

I recently spoke to a window cleaner who was doing a block of apartments in town with his 57' and he says that he has negotiated with the management company that the tenants clean their own juilette balcony doors as they open inward - he does all the other windows and charges accordingly.

Whilst that may not work in Spain with all those spanish bars, it may be worth while considering here as an option.

I got an 8" Vikan swivel brush and its a total waste on money - it isn't a 'true' swivel as we know it and it takes too long the clean through the bars as it isn't wide enough IMO. 

Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

dai

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2009, 10:09:21 am »
what kin dof swivel and where from?

I make my own by converting Stanley paint pad handles.