Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stephen s

Re: COUNCIL PROPERTY SERVICES HANDBOOK
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2009, 01:54:02 am »
Just because the council has said its genuine, doesn't mean your gonna get contracts. Its probably a case of a company finding "sponsors" to help pay for the magazine production and printing.

There are pre requisites for gaining tenders as previously mentioned.

But since you have asked others opinions, I would listen to them. Personally, I would phone up the council and ask how to tender for contracts first and what they require - rather than to just ask if it was genuine.

Do some investigation before splashing out..

However it sounds to me you are already giving it the green light and just wanted someone to say "yeah, go for it! - you'll gain loads of contracts from it".   ::)

I take on board the positive bits of your reply and will ponder over them,  but saying I just come on here wanting people to say yeah its a great idea and you will get loads of work  is utter trash my friend.

but as I said I will take on board the positive comments as I don't do negative

but thanks to alll who put some input in

stephen s

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2009, 01:56:11 am »
If the council departments are responsible for organising their own maintenance wouldn't a well written letter to the person in charge be a cheaper option and more personal  :-\ not something I've dangled me toes into but probably the route I'd take, but then I'm a nightmare for telephone sales marketing I won't get talked into anything  ;)       

I understand what you say,   and I don't either as this was a letter from the council not a phone call

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2009, 07:18:39 am »
How may jobs would you need to get to make your maoney back, think in terms of profit, not just turnover, If you  sepnt £750 plus vat you would want at least £3000 worth of work to malke it worth while.

Somehow i dont think you will, most of these books get stuck on a shelf or put in the bin.

jonnyald

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2009, 07:30:00 am »
How may jobs would you need to get to make your maoney back, think in terms of profit, not just turnover, If you  sepnt £750 plus vat you would want at least £3000 worth of work to malke it worth while.

Somehow i dont think you will, most of these books get stuck on a shelf or put in the bin.

dave, you being one of the biggish fish,on here at least, whats the worst thing youve frittered money on ?

Londoner

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2009, 07:32:23 am »
Councils don't publish guide books with advertising in them and they don't cold call window cleaners to see if they want to take out an add.

If you want to get Council work, phone them and ask who you need to talk to. Then go along and see them. Most times they are pretty reasonable but they probably have well established existing arrangements already in place.  

Window Washers

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2009, 08:09:09 am »
I have gone in what sounds simlar,  published in march time .

Any chance you could email me the publisher name ?

Ian

If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2009, 08:35:44 am »
I cant really coment to be hoest on the add, But without meaning to sound rude, You have spent £795 + vat, Then come on here and asked if its worth it?

Surely you could have held out for one day?

Hope it all works out for you!

your not being rude but your not also being correct about my post.   I asked if anyone had experience of this    I never asked anyone if it was worth the money spent   which by the way I haven't yet spent as I have only reserved a place.

I will take on board whats been said here and I will also speak to a facilities manager at the council and try to get more information.

what I don't understand is that the lady at the council told me it was genuine yet some of the replies on here suggest its not ?

I've had calls like this before and they have turnmed out to be nothing to do with the council.  It doesn't mean that your call wasn't fromthem though.
I've had calls in a similar vein from the police, ambulance and fire services  to place ads in their literature.  The caller initially presented themselves as if they directly worked for these services.  When I probed a little deeper itr turned out that this was not the case (I asked them for the name and rank of any officers with whom I could verify their identity).  I wouldn't have called the officers as any details might have just been the callers' buddy anyway.

chopsie

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2009, 08:42:32 am »
he has said,it was not a phone call,but a letter he recieved  ::)
chopsie

AuRavelling79

Re: COUNCIL PROPERTY SERVICES HANDBOOK New
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2009, 11:23:22 am »
he has said,it was not a phone call,but a letter he recieved  ::)

And was the telephone number he called to speak to "the lady at the council" printed on the letter?  ::)

Personally I wouldn't touch it with my worst enemy's barge pole! If I had £800 to spend then it would be on a canvasser or on sending letters to targetted companies and following them up.
It's a game of three halves!