Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Rcs

Re: building up the business for scratch
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2009, 12:19:01 am »
what sort of money am i looking at for a backpack set up inc pole etc and all that is needed to produce a qty of pure water

itll surely pay for itself over a few months and even better if its stops me killing myself  by over stretching

mark dew

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2009, 12:28:32 am »
It will pay for itself pretty quickly just by the extra money from windows above conservatories on your existing work.
rcs the window cleaning warehouse backpack will be fine.
Any ro that produces 100 gallons per day or more with a booster pump, a rain water butt, water containers, your backpack + plus pole and you are away.  
The pole would be your most expensive single item. A 25ft pole would cover most domestic work.

here is a list of what you need to start with.
Windowcleaningwarehouse is a good place to price up the above.
http://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/shop/
gardiners for the pole if you want to start with the bestles.

chopsie

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2009, 12:30:24 am »
I got back pack 300 gpd ro with di,1x 25' slx pole,with superlite brush,1x17' xtel pole with vikan brush,water butt,submersible pump for £736 give or take a few pence,bearing in mind though the slx cost me £378(with a tap fitted and vat)so you could reduce that amount considerably,I just got the best pole I could afford while I had the money,
chopsie

Rcs

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2009, 12:33:36 am »
cheers for that

chopsie

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2009, 12:40:42 am »
sorry,forgot to add back pack price,another £120  ::)
chopsie

mark dew

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2009, 12:42:52 am »
I got back pack 300 gpd ro with di,1x 25' slx pole,with superlite brush,1x17' xtel pole with vikan brush,water butt,submersible pump for £736 give or take a few pence,bearing in mind though the slx cost me £378(with a tap fitted and vat)so you could reduce that amount considerably,I just got the best pole I could afford while I had the money,

That's very good. You have bought wisely i reckon. Where from?
rcs, this setup is fantastic for the price. Add a booster pump to this kit and you have a very efficient ro. Almost halving the production time with purer water as well.
The above is the benchmark i think. That is a wise investment.
All he needs is water tank, cleantech pumpbox and reel of hose and he has everything.

wizard

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2009, 04:39:17 am »
Window cleaning warehouse Backpack 100. quid ro unit 200 galon Us from Filtration on line.109.00 quid with Di 10 inch.WAter but from Wicks 200 litres 21 quid.some fittings from W C W extro 50 quid.Pole made my own harris pole from B Q use a web site google "make your pole"or google for other forums for help, and super lite brush 38.quid. There is more odds and endsThat approx cost me 350- 400 quid.

mark dew

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2009, 01:45:36 pm »
Get the best pole you can afford and build around that. A harris pole will let you work cheaply, but compared to carbon fibre poles they are crap. Same as glass fibre poles.
Buy carbon, buy well and reap the rewards from day 1.
A good pole will save you loads of time per day. With few if any, aches and pains over the long term.