Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jr windows

Any ideas
« on: November 21, 2009, 01:13:03 pm »
Hello all,
My Nissan Primastar has been in a garage for two weeks due to diesel problems. Does anyone know if you can rent a van with Wfp in the North Wales area?
Cheers Jason

AuRavelling79

Re: Any ideas
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 03:39:13 pm »
Frankly, I'd change my garage ...
It's a game of three halves!

weetot

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 03:40:37 pm »
I think he means his garage at home.  :-\
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

dai

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 05:00:02 pm »
I have never heard of anyone jason. This is only one of the advantages of a trolley sytem, if the van goes down I can use the car and trailer. With the weather that we have been having mate, that's the last thing you needed.
Again with a trolley, any van would do. If your passing Conwy Marina Tues, weds, or Thurs, come and see how mine works.

matt

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 05:49:24 pm »
I have never heard of anyone jason. This is only one of the advantages of a trolley sytem, if the van goes down I can use the car and trailer. With the weather that we have been having mate, that's the last thing you needed.
Again with a trolley, any van would do. If your passing Conwy Marina Tues, weds, or Thurs, come and see how mine works.

indeed

i know i can work from any car, even with 6 X 25L barrels, i will still be able to work most of the day and earn a few quid

Window Washers

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 05:59:59 pm »
Hello all,
My Nissan Primastar has been in a garage for two weeks due to diesel problems. Does anyone know if you can rent a van with Wfp in the North Wales area?
Cheers Jason
what diesal problems are you having ?

I am having touble with my relay at the mo and is sat doing nothing till fixed, engine high pressure pump or a sensor  ::) with my luck the pump
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

jr windows

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2009, 08:20:43 pm »
It went to Nissan main dealer, they said low pressure diesel fault and they wanted to change pump, common rail, injectors, fuel lines and tank cost of £2 grand. So I took my diagnosis with my fault code to a local garage who said he could fix it. It's been there 2 weeks and not much happened. I had to source a fuel pump sensor that should be delivered Monday. Truley ped off I don't think garage understands this is my living!!!
The van was running great then stopped, I changed the fuel filter and re primed with hand pump and the van will run for aprox 20 seconds then cut out.

Cheers jay

tacky

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2009, 10:09:37 pm »
sorry bout the van .but like matt said .at £100 always handy to have a backpack handy in emegencies. u can mayb borrow car off family n use backpack for the time being . hope van back on road soon

Window Washers

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2009, 10:13:33 pm »
It went to Nissan main dealer, they said low pressure diesel fault and they wanted to change pump, common rail, injectors, fuel lines and tank cost of £2 grand. So I took my diagnosis with my fault code to a local garage who said he could fix it. It's been there 2 weeks and not much happened. I had to source a fuel pump sensor that should be delivered Monday. Truley ped off I don't think garage understands this is my living!!!
The van was running great then stopped, I changed the fuel filter and re primed with hand pump and the van will run for aprox 20 seconds then cut out.

Cheers jay
SOunding like the same problem for me Jay.

Hope yours is sorted soon, but 2k is a little ott I was told about £900 + vat if the pump.

where did you get the sensor ?? as I need one also.

Ian
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

jonnyald

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2009, 10:30:51 pm »
tell your garage to fit a small bit of clear pipe in the upline , just before the engine ,you know the tank pumps failed or blocked  if you see air in the clear pipe. another basic test is   you should hear the pump whirring if you get up close to the tank when the ignition is switched on,itll run briefly  but once engine is started it should run continuos,(but you cant hear it then as the engine noise drowns it out)

another test is to check for a good supply voltage going to the pump when ignition is flicked on and also on cranking ,starting

Window Washers

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2009, 10:35:07 pm »
tell your garage to fit a small bit of clear pipe in the upline , just before the engine ,you know the tank pumps failed or blocked  if you see air in the clear pipe. another basic test is   you should hear the pump whirring if you get up close to the tank when the ignition is switched on,itll run briefly  but once engine is started it should run continuos,(but you cant hear it then as the engine noise drowns it out)

another test is to check for a good supply voltage going to the pump when ignition is flicked on and also on cranking ,starting
if this has been done and all ok but no fuel to pump, gets there electric is there. is it limited to the pump or sensor ??

jonnyald

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2009, 11:01:13 pm »
the  basic test for a  duff low pressure pump is first to test the voltage supply at the pump terminal wires, if no voltage,checked the supply voltage to the pump fuse ,then the pump sensor/pump relay should be checked . the relay could then  be bypassed ,just to get the van to run and this would confirm the sensor or relay fault . 

if the voltage to the pump is good ,then the pump itself is duff or blocked intake mesh (on pump) and i think they have to be bought complete with tank