Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ste M

Van insurance
« on: November 20, 2009, 10:22:06 pm »
Hello who do you have your van insurance with and how good are they? do you declare the fact you have a WFP set up in the back? how much you paying?

cheers ste

krave

Re: Van insurance
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 11:37:56 pm »
I'm with the post office insurance. Astra van, sign written, fully comp with all the extras for 600. Registered as )usiness use. Cheapest I could find for a 21 year old. Excuse the spelling or typing,  im on my phone.  ;D

krave

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 11:50:45 pm »
I'm with the post office insurance. Astra van, sign written, fully comp with all the extras for 600. Registered as )usiness use. Cheapest I could find for a 21 year old. Excuse the spelling or typing,  im on my phone.  ;D

I am not too sure about the wfp, something I would also like to hear due to me "converting"  ;D

Ste M

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 12:20:04 am »
im going to see a merc swb sprinter tomorrow and its one of the dearer ones to insure so any company names would help, cheers for the replies though. the post office was one that showed up at just over 400 so not to bad, do you tell them you have a wfp system in the back though?

krave

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 12:36:05 am »
I haven't put it in yet. But insurance is for carrage of own good. Surely this is that?

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 01:00:10 am »
WFP tank is a modification to the vehicle. If you dont tell the insurance company, then should you be in an accident (your fault or not) they do not have to pay out.

Carraige of goods would apply to a non bolted down tank, but there is a possibility that they could argue that one out seen as though water is carried on a regular basis.

I dont know my insurer as my wife sorted it all out for me (im a busy man) oh and they payed out when i backed the metal bumper into my mother in laws merc slk whilst she was watching (shouldnt have parked on my drive)

Not a clue what i pay and modifications declared
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Dave Turley

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2009, 07:04:42 am »
i'm with a-plan. they cover your wfp system.

when it's up for renewal i'm gonna get a quote from alexander swann as they offer a replacement van fitted with an ionics system in the event of a non-fault accident!